17. One Secret Revealed While Another One Kept

Summer break rolled around and Lizzie was at home, staring down at her phone and smiling

Summer break rolled around and Lizzie was at home, staring down at her phone and smiling. "I can feel your happiness from here, Lizzie," Jasper called up to his sister.

She rolled her eyes, not even trying to compose herself since today was the day he found out. Being with Jacob was getting considerably harder when she had to keep it from an entire family of vampires, where one was a mind reader and the other could feel her every emotion. Not to mention how lovesick Lizzie felt where all she really wanted to do was scream out that she and Jake were together. Summer only managed to make things that much worse when there was no school to distract her siblings.

"Can't I be happy? I mean, I am eating the best waffles ever made on God's green Earth!" Lizzie exaggerated. "Wait, did they even have waffles when you were alive, Jasp?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny, ma'am."

Jasper sped down the stairs and sat next to Lizzie. She slid the rest of her blood bag over to him, knowing she wasn't going to finish it. Lizzie may have been twins with Edward, but Jasper was her favorite brother. She was convinced that with or without his powers he'd still be the only one to really calm her down when things went wrong.

"And that happiness has turned to doubt and conflict?"

Lizzie sighed and turned in her seat to face him. "Jasper, you can keep a secret, right?" Her brother nodded.

She figured after her parents, Jasper was the easiest place to start with the idea of her and Jacob. Maybe Alice next, but definitely not Emmett or Rosalie, not until she was completely convinced of things.

"Good, come with me," Lizzie took hold of Jasper's hand and dragged him out of the house and toward his and Alice's car.

The drive to Seattle was a pretty silent one. He could sense a lot of nervous energy all but pouring off of her, whatever this was it was really weighing on her mind. They stopped in front of a coffee shop but before Jasper could exit the car, Lizzie stopped him with a grab to his arm.

"I need you to be on your best behavior for this, Jasp. Like seriously polite, okay, and maybe an open mind too," she begged him.

He frowned. "Of course, Lizzie, I promise. But for the record, I'm always polite."

"I don't mean Southern hospitality polite, I mean be nice polite. I'm trusting you," Lizzie made clear before getting out of the car with Jasper behind her. He didn't know what to think or what his little sister could have possibly done to warrant this behavior, but that all vanished at the sight of the boy in front of the coffee shop.

"Lizzie!"

"Jake!"

Lizzie ran over to her boyfriend with a smile. Jacob hugged her before leaning down to kiss her, he hesitated after seeing Jasper walking towards them. Lizzie smiled encouragingly at the two as they shook hands.