Thirty-Nine

They were finally done watching about ten episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine when Mingi turned off the TV.

"Want to go out and get something to eat?" Mingi waited for an answer but nothing came.

"Jongho???" He looked at the boy who was half asleep next to him.

"I'm too tired to go out" He whispered without opening his eyes.

"I can order something from uber eat if you want?" Mingi felt Jongho nod his head and smiled before taking out his phone.

"Done, it should be here in about thirty minutes" Mingi laid back down and felt the younger snuggle closer to him.

"So tell me, why are you tired? What did you do today that made you so tired?"

"I was with Jared and we were outside a lot. I think the sun got the best of me" Jongho had his eyes closed and failed to see Mingi freeze.

"That's why you didn't come see me? Because you were with Jared?" Jongho's eyes shot open when he heard the elder's tone.

"Well, it's because he came to see me at work and offered to go eat and I was so hungry-"

"You forgot about me and went on a date with another guy???" Mingi raised his back and leaned on his knees, still sitting down on the couch.

"I'm sorry! And it wasn't a date, we just ate lunch and then hung out in the park" Jongho stopped when heard his own words. It did sound a lot like a date.

"I can't believe this guy made you forget about me! I was going to take you out to eat too you know" Mingi got up and turned around to face Jongho.

"I don't know what to say...I got caught up in the moment, that's all..."

"Does he make you feel some type of way that I don't?" Mingi sat back down next to Jongho.

"No, it's not that. I guess we talk more about activities to do and places to go where else you and I we stay here and watch movies" Jongho didn't dare look at the brunette afraid to have hurt his feelings.

"It's true but it doesn't mean I don't want to do all of these things with you. I'm taking it slow because I'm afraid to scare you off. But now I'm more afraid of having pushed you away"

"You didn't push me away" Jongho smiled and gathered Mingi's hands in his.

"So, does that mean that I can take you out on an official date?" The elder asked.

"We've already kissed a few times; I think the date is a necessity at this point" Jongho looked at Mingi and smiled.

"Then can I pick you up this Saturday and take you somewhere?" Mingi was swaying both their hands and looking at Jongho.

"You definitely can. And I swear I won't forget this time!" Jongho laughed showing his gums.

"You better not" Mingi scowled and sat back down and brought the younger in his arms before closing his eyes, enjoying the moment.