ch. 21

"SHŌYŌ, WHERE WERE YOU?"

     shiyumi flinched, as she noticed a dim light coming from kozume's game console, which illuminated the lower half of his face.

the room was dark considering oikawa and atsumu had went to bed at a reasonable time, leaving only kozume to stay up gaming.

"I...umm...I went out with suna-san, and then we stretched and practiced a little — well, mostly me — but yeah...sorry...", shiyumi mumbled, slowly approaching the pudding-headed boy.

kozume sighed, as he was about to reprimand the girl for overexerting herself again, but then shiyumi had held out her hand.

kozume made a confused expression.

"may I please have your hand? I got you something while I was out", shiyumi stated.

kozume hesitantly extended his hand, gently placing it on top of shiyumi's smaller one.

"I noticed how your hands get cold before matches, so these are for you. there's cat prints on them and they're reusable", shiyumi quietly explained.

kozume lightly squeezed the heating pack, shifting his gaze upwards, as he smiled at shiyumi.

     "shōyō, you're too thoughtful"

shiyumi just lightly chuckled.

"not really...I'm just a little more observant than others", shiyumi admitted.

     "do you like it?"

     "yes. thank you", kozume mumbled.

     "you should go shower and sleep though. tomorrow's going to be a long day".

     "right! thank you for always looking out for me, kenma", shiyumi smiled, gently squeezing kozume's hand in appreciation.

     kozume watched the girl get up and leave for the bathroom, as he squished the heating pack against his cheek.