ch. 2

"YOU SUCK", KAGEYAMA STATED

     "yeah, just like your mo—"

"what was that?", the dark-haired boy interrupted.

"nothing", shiyumi grumbled, attempting to serve once more, as the ball had nearly been hit if it weren't for it grazing by the tips of her fingers by just a few millimeters.

     "you're doing it wrong!", kageyama judged.

     "well damn! why don't you tell me how to fix it then?", shiyumi huffed, tired of all the complaints but receiving no actual critiques.

     "I—you just do it! what've you been doing for the past three years?!"

     shiyumi bit the bottom of her lip as she glared at kageyama.

     "I have been practicing hard!", the orange-haired girl declared, not wanting to give excuses about why her school didn't even seem to have a boys' volleyball team.

     "well I clearly can't tell from your lack of skill; other than your ability to run fast and jump high in attempts to smack the ball that you can't even seem to hit", kageyama pinpointed.

     "you don't have to come for me like that", shiyumi mumbled, throwing the volleyball up into the air, as she started hitting it with her forearms.

     "hah?!"

     "hah?!"

     kageyama was about done with the girl, as he just wanted a teammate that could receive, spike, and play as well as he could.

     "at this rate, we're going to lose", kageyama dejectedly muttered.

     "HEY! DON'T SAY THAT!!"

     "oho? well if it isn't the king of the court and a shrimp", a mocking voice intervened.

     the two teens snapped their attention towards the side of the field, only to see a blonde male with glasses and a freckled boy with spinach-green hair.