ch. 3

SUGAWARA HALTED IN HIS TRACKS

     as he spotted a certain orange-haired girl practicing during lunchtime right outside the academic building.

excusing himself from the other third-years, sugawara snuck up behind shiyumi, nearly scaring the crap out of her.

"HEAAK—sugawara-senpai?"

"sorry for scaring you. still practicing even though it's lunchtime?", sugawara asked, finishing up his drink and tossing it in the waste bin.

"yeah...kageyama says that I need the extra practice. I'm trying to improve faster since he still refuses to toss to me for some reason", shiyumi admitted.

"well if you'd like, I could set to you. I am a setter after all", sugawara offered.

"REALLY?!"

"of course! I can help you practice so when kageyama does decide to toss to you, you'll at least have an idea what it feels like", the gray-haired male stated.

"tch! I don't know if mr. perfect will ever set to me", shiyumi grumbled, tossing the volleyball over to sugawara.

"he will. I can assure you that. and you and mr. perfect are on the same team, so consider that an advantage".

shiyumi then scratched the back of her head, sighing, as she steered her mind towards a more positive road.

"I suppose..."

"okay, you ready now?", sugawara asked, to which as soon as he had earned a nod from shiyumi, the gray-haired male had lightly set the ball up into the air — having it arch towards the orange-haired girl.

     shiyumi gained some acceleration by skipping a few steps, as she jumped high up; too high

the ball tickled the side of shiyumi's wrist, as it gravitated back down towards the ground.

     shiyumi's feet also swiftly planted onto the dirt, as she stared at her hand that had missed the ball.

     "eh?"