"It shouldn't bother you then," Archer sighed, "Adrianna will get back to you in an hour or so, I am sure of it. Don't worry about her."

A non-committal sound left me as he hung up, the only sound that braced me was the ever growing silence.

"Drive back home, I need things to discuss."

____________________

It wasn't long before I reached the manor, distressed if I say so myself. I had dialled Adrianna thrice more on the way, all of it going straight to voicemail.

"Bethany!" I barked as I entered the house, taking off my coat and throwing it somewhere.

"Yes Mr. Estevan," A sound of hurried footsteps echoed along the house as the elderly woman scurried to me.

"Did Adrianna say where she was going?"

"N-No sir-"

"Fuck!" I muttered.

I knew I had no reason to be worried when Archer himself promised her safety. I knew he must have sent some guards to guarantee her safety.

I had a premonition peeking through my pessimistic mind. The thought engulfed the small ray of light in darkness.

I shook my head. It was only a make up of my mind. She was safe, she had to be.

But after that incident, I couldn't put myself at ease knowing that she was somewhere out there in the streets where danger lurked in the shadows.

Her screams of terror, her cry for help would trouble me forever.

It was engraved in my mind, as if it was an instinct to protect her. To shield her. To fight for her. To kill for her.

She had become my primal instinct.

I let myself down on the sofa, trying to muster my jumbled thoughts.

"Pick up the phone..." I mumbled, dialing her again.

"The number you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later-"

"What the fuck?!" I panted heavily as the boulder in my chest grew heavier, fingers trembling from the nauseating thoughts that clouded my mind.

I dialed her again. Same message.

Then again. Then again. I dialed her number until I was a quivering mess, panicking like I had never before.

"Brother?" Archer's voice drifted from the doorway, "Are you okay? Did Adri tell you about every-"

His voice fell.

"Are you okay? Where is-"

"Where the fuck is she? She isn't picking up, her phone is switched off. Archer, where is she?" My voice was shaky, my throat dry like chalk.

"Switched off?" He mumbled, "It shouldn't be switched off, she should have been back by now."

"You sent the bodyguards with her, right? To keep an eye on her like I instructed?"

"I did," The sound of keypad dialling resonated in my ears, "Let me call Dr. Jones."

"Dr. Jones?" I rasped, "You sent her for her-"

"Yes," He mumbled, "Let me talk to her."

I gripped the end of my stick, my palm bruising.

"Silvia Hi! Do you happen to know when Adrianna left the chamber?"

Demons clawed in my heart as I tried to calm myself down.

"Oh? Okay. Thank you!" His voice was deflated.