Chapter 20

☆☆☆

Harry left shortly after breakfast and Gianna immediately pulled me out onto the roof terrace, away from Romero's attentive ears.

"What's going on? You've been acting strange all morning. Why didn't you answer when I called you this morning?"

I looked away, a blush spreading on my cheeks. Gianna's eyes shot open. "What did he do?"

"He went down on me." I admitted.

"You let him?"

I laughed. "Yes." More heat rose into my cheeks at the sound of eagerness in my voice.

Gianna leaned forward. "You like it?"

"I love it."

Gianna bit her lip. "I hate thinking about you with him, but you really seem to enjoy it. I guess it has its advantages that Harry fucked every society girl in New York."

I didn't want to think about it.

"So how does it feel?"

"As if I'm shattering. It's overwhelming and amazing, and I don't know how to describe it."

"But you didn't sleep with him?"

I shook my head. "Not yet, but I don't think Harry wants to wait much longer."

"Fuck him. He can screw himself." She narrowed her eyes. "Did he make you blow him?"

"He didn't make me. I wanted to do it."

Gianna looked doubtful. "And? Tell me more. You know I have to vicariously live through you. I'm so fucking tired of being under surveillance all day. I want a boyfriend. I want to have sex and have orgasms."

I snorted. "I doubt Father will allow it."

"I don't intend to ask him," Gianna said with a shrug. "I'm here now. Nobody's stopping me from having fun, right?"

My eyes widened. "Father would kill me if I let you hook up with guys while you were here."

"He doesn't have to know, does he?" She shrugged again. "It's not like I would tell him."

I gaped, then laughed. "Well, unless you want to seduce Romero or Alex your options are kind of limited."

"Ugh, no. I don't want either of them. I want a normal guy. A guy who doesn't know who I am."

"Well, I don't know how we could find a guy for you."

Gianna grinned. "How about we hit a club?"

"Romero won't let me out of his sight after I ran away from him once. There's no way we can escape him and go off to a club."

Gianna contemplated this. I worried about the crazy plan she might come up with. I actually liked the idea of going out for a night of dancing. I'd always imagined how it would be to spend a night on the dance floor and let loose.

"Romero can come with us. He's guarding you, not me. Maybe I can slip away."

"And then what? A quickie in a restroom stall? Do you really want to experience all your firsts like that?"

Gianna glared. "At least, I'd experience them on my own terms. It would be my choice. You don't have a choice at all. Harry and Father took them all away. I don't get how you can be so calm about it. How can you not hate Harry?"

Sometimes I wondered that myself. "I should hate him."

Gianna's face crumbled. "But you don't. Fuck, Aria, do you actually care about him? Love him?"