"I'm sorry," I started, "I…I don't know. I've never thought about you that way. I think you're great - I mean, you're my best friend!", I tried to smile but it was failing completely, "But I don't know how I feel. Can I think about it? Please, Jake?"

Jake swallows hard. "It's okay," he says quietly. "I understand."

I leave pretty soon after and dragged Sunoo to accompany in helping his mom to prepare the food. Niki then goes on to talk to Jake, I don't even need to ask who their topic was regarding the casted looks they were throwing in my direction.

I really hope this isn't going to make things awkward between Jake and I.

Sunoo and I were sitting in front of the bonfire after having finally eaten our dinner. Occupying the folding chairs the farthest from Jake and Niki, we talk so quietly so they could not hear us.

I'd already knew from past experience that letting Sunoo talk was a big mistake.

"Come on", he whined when he realized I wasn't paying attention to the conversation, "I've been telling you this for the nth time, follow your brain for once and not your stupid heart"

"Really?", I said in disbelief, raising an eyebrow, "You will be telling me this?"

"Alright fine", he relented, but whacks me so hard in the head instead, "You'd be the dumbest person in the world if you reject a Sim Jaeyun"

I sighed knowing that there was no way he could be wrong. When he started praising Jake, he wouldn't stop. He'd seen me cry about Jay after all.

"I'm still confused, okay? One day, we're just friends and now that I'm getting to know Heeseung, he just...", I trailed off as he narrowed his eyes on me.

Sunoo nodded his head unconvincingly before stopping and said, "You're still not hang up on Jay, are you?"

"It is possible for me to still like him, but at the same time, it was slowly fading", I answered, making Sunoo roll his eyes as he looked away from me.

I let out a small internal sigh of relief, thankful that I was able to make my way through the conversation without managing to show how rattled I was.

I'm still freaking out inside because of Jake. I mean, how on earth was I supposed to react on that confession?

But as per usual, Niki knew to make it worse for me. He seemed to have this knack for being able to sense when I was desperately trying to hide from Jake as of the moment.

The two of them walked towards us and were bringing the grilled beef that Niki worked on himself. As they come closer, color blooms on my cheeks when I caught Jake's gaze on me and I don't know if from now on, I would spend the majority of our friendship looking like a tomato.

Jake settled down beside me and Niki looked between the two of us before he was a snickering like a lunatic dog.

"What were you two talking about?", Jake asked, suspicious of our sudden silence. I regained my composure.

"It's about you, of course. Who else would you be expecting?", Niki answered, receiving a scowl from me.

"What can you say about it, Y/N?", Sunoo might have looked sincerely concerned but his eyes gave away his amusement.

He found it so funny that I'm practically squirming under their attention and Jake was just smiling to himself as he stared at me.

"You should just get together with Jake hyung", Niki piped up when it was obvious that I wouldn't answer Sunoo.

"If you must know Niki", Sunoo cut in, shooting him a knowing smile and I'm dying inside, "If they got together, it would be easier for us to convince Y/N to move in our dorm"

I smiled gratefully at him. Only to lose it when Niki spoke again.

"And Jake hyung will always come there to do all the chores for us. He'll even buy the stuck of food because of her", he looked at us for confirmation.

"And why would he do that?", I demanded, raising an eyebrow and ignoring Jake's pleased expression.

"Because you'll be his girlfriend!", Niki and Sunoo said in unison.

"And how can you say that before me?", I asked just to keep looking away from Jake.

"Actually", Jake cut in with a small mischievous smile, "I think that of all people, you should know exactly that I'm not getting away from you anytime soon"

"Of course that confession wouldn't change anything between us", I said and he smiled.

And then I realized, he wasn't even hurt about my statement at all.

He was still the same Jake I know, but in a totally different context.

It made me hope that one day, his confession would not go to waste on us.

Sunoo insisted that Jake and I shared the bed in the first trailer, while he and Niki slept on the tent outside. I worried they would get cold, but they weren't to give up the bed with Jake, making me think they were helping him.

We had separate blankets, and there were never fewer than three layers between us, but just like the other next mornings I have with him before, I woke up with his legs tangled on mine.

And there was something to that, truth be told.

What do you think of Jake's confession?

Compare it to Jay's and Heeseung's. Which one is better?