Chapter 19

Malec's

The three of us decided to have lunch inside the hotel. The hotel first floor is a restaurant and Javi said the food here is the best. My brother wanted to eat seafood but I remembered that Gustav is allergic to shrimp so I just ordered meat. Of course my brother had to annoy me about it.

“He's just allergic to shrimps, not to the whole sea, Kuya.” He sassily said. I rolled my eyes at him and cut the steak into pieces for Gustav. Pinanuod niya akong gawin iyon ng may pandidiri sa mukha. “Iw, are you this romantic, Alexander?”

“Yes, Alexius. Shut the fvck up and eat your food.” Tinapik ako ni Gustav na kanina pa mukhang naiilang. Kanina ko pa din siya napapansin na titig na titig sa kapatid ko.

“You can order him some seafood, and no cussing at the table please." He smiled at us and I just stared at him for a second. He looks uncomfortable. Is he not okay about my brother joining us for lunch? I frowned. Gustav is not like that. I wonder what's wrong.

I glance at Alexius and he's just observing us.

“Go order what you want." I told him. He grinned and stood up to order his food. I glance at Gustav and his eyes are fix on Alexius.

“What's wrong? Are you not comfortable around my brother?" He whipped his head towards my direction and quickly shook his head.

“Not that, he just reminds me of Guston.” He said and faintly smiled before chewing on his food. He glance at me and put something on his fork before giving it to me. I looked at it and it's a piece of steak. I opened my mouth and bite on it.

“The food is great. Bigla ko tuloy na-miss mag luto.” Napangiti ako sa sinabi niya.

“I miss your cooking skills too, cook for me when we get back to the city.” He just timidly nod at what I said and continue eating.

“This is the real food you should eat in an island, Kuya.” Si Alexius habang may dala-dalang isang plato ng ibat-ibang seafoods. It's all steamed with corns, potatoes and sauce with it. It looks good. Lihim akong napangiti nang makitang nakatingin doon si Gustav. He looks like he wants it but he knows he shouldn't. I saw him pout and bite on his steak. I chuckled.

“Where should we go after eating, Kuya?” I frowned at Alexius when he said that with his mouth full of food.

“Don't talk while your mouth is full.” Nagkatinginan kami ni Gustav dahil sabay namin iyong sinabi. I chuckled.

“You're not going with us, Alexius. You're going back to the city." I told him and he raised his eyebrows to me.

“I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to him." Itinuro niya si Gustav na gulat na napalingon saamin. Nilunok niya ang kinakain bago nagsalita.

“How old are you?” Iyon ang unang tanong ni Gustav. He glance at me. “He looks underage, how can he travels alone?”

“I'm fifteen and a genius at that, Kuya— what's your name again?” Naunahan ako ni Alexius sumagot. I glared at him and face Gustav who's eyeing my brother. Alexius is doing the same.

“He's fifteen but he's in college, he's a genius but also childish. He often follows me whenever I go out of town. He's annoying.” I said that while glaring at Alexius who's looking at me funny.

“Hmm, I'm Gustav Batalier, you can call me Kuya Stav or Gus. May I ask you a favor, Guston?" Pareho kaming natigilan sa pangalang ginamit niya para tawagin si Alexius. No one calls him that except our mother. I know I told him his second name but he's known as Alex or Alexius. I stared at Gustav face. Does he miss his brother so much?