Chapter 5: Wedding

Park Yera's POV

I felt my body shaking as Jongin oppa lifted my veil. It's for my oppa and his group, I kept saying to myself. Their group success is going to rely on this. I shut my eyes tight, not wanting to witness Jongin oppa's face right in front of mine. And then I felt his lips on my forehead.

Kim Jongin's POV

It felt like forever until the audience started clapping. I stood back and smiled to Yera. She smiled back. I nervously held her hand and slowly walked to the wooden door. I felt the cold, refreshing air as we stepped outside for the photo session. People started coming out of the church with their cameras. We smiled for the cameras as they clicked away. After a while, we were driven to the reception venue, this time me and Yera in the same car.

Park Yera's POV

We were directed to the back of the building to get ready with a different outfit for the rest of the evening. I had to change my dress, this time to a much simple white sleeveless dress that went just above my ankles. My makeup was redone and my hair was restyled. I walked out where Jongin oppa was already waiting for me, in a different outfit was well. He gave me some palm cards.

"We have to memorise these when it's our turn to talk." he said.

I looked through the cards.

"Shall we get going then?" he asked, with his arm out. I nodded and hooked my arms with his.

Someone could just recruit me as a new actress, if this was acting, I said to myself.

Kim Jongin's POV

We walked to the reception room, where everyone was already seated at dinner tables, talking amongst each other. We sat at the centre table with our parents. I saw the event host scrolling through his phone intently.

"We had to write a script for him, since nothing much happened between the two of you." Chanyeol hyung said quietly. I nodded in reply.

I shifted my chair towards the host.

"Hey, hey..." I said.

"Oh hello, Mr Kim." he said professionally.

"Uh...just call me Kai....uhm...you know you can just make it up. It doesn't matter."

"Yes, yes, I understand. I have almost memorised everything so it won't be a problem."

"Uh...okay then." I shifted my chair back to Yera's side.

"Hey, what is he doing?" she asked.

"Memorising a script." I said.

She gave the host a last look at the host before turning around to her parents.

Park Yera's POV

A powerpoint presentation of professionally photoshopped photos were viewed on a projector, while the host talked in the background about our 'apparent' love story. I had to acknowledge whoever did this. Not even a flaw anywhere. I looked around. No one seemed to notice. I turned back and continued to entertain myself with the presentation. After the conclusion of the presentation, we had to present our speech to the audience. I hated presenting speeches ever since. I had to keep glancing at the table where my cards were. Then we toasted and had dinner.

I picked up the fork and knife when I noticed Jongin oppa poking around his plate of cream pasta.

"What are you doing?" I loudly whispered.

"I..uh..I'm allergic to crustaceans." he poked the prawns on his plate.

"Then why did you order that?"

"It didn't say anything about prawns as side dishes." he said bluntly

Kim Jongin's POV

The moment I saw prawns on my plate, I mentally had a allergic reaction. The last time I had an allergic reaction wasn't too long ago, and it wasn't good. I started getting rashes and symptoms of a fever was coming. I gulped down the thought and continued to poked around the food. Then, Yera swapped her plate of steak and vegetables with mine. I looked at her.

"I haven't eaten from it yet." she said.

"Thanks." I replied gratefully.

Park Yera's POV

I waited for Jongin oppa to start eating before I grabbed my fork again. After the meal, the music started and people started dancing. I sat there and watched.

"Hey, do you-" Jongin oppa came up to me.

"I'm not going to dance." I said

He smiled.

"It's not like I want to dance. Just asking if you want to go outside for a while."

"Oh.."

"I'll wait at the balcony."

The music was loud and everyone was dancing. I stood up and walked outside. He wasn't there. I looked around. He was at the door, smirking. I looked at him with confusion.

"You actually came outside because I told you to?" he said, still smirking.

"I'm just here...because I want to." I slowly said. Why did I even give him my steak? I could have just let him die of hunger... I thought to myself.

He chuckled.

"No.. 'cause I told you to." he walked up to me and rested his arms on the glass edge.

The sun had already set and the only light source was from indoors. I didn't want to go back indoors where everyone was dancing like crazy. I shivered as a gust of cold wind blew over us

"I can't wait for these 6 months to pass." I mumbled to myself.

Kim Jongin's POV

"Me too." was all I could say in reply.

Suddenly I saw my mom come out. I quickly removed my blazer and placed it over Yera's shoulders. She gave me a look, but it faded away, when she realised.

"How are you two doing?" my mom said behind us.

"Oh...mom.. we're fine..." I pretended to just realise she was there.

"If you guys need anything, just ask me, okay?"

"We're fine, mom."

"Okay, okay, then I'll leave you two alone." she said before going back in.

After a while, Yera threw back my suit and went in too. Pfft....can't wait until this is over, I thought to myself.

Near the end of the party, Yera threw her bouquet, and an old lady caught it. Wish her luck. Then we were sent back to our homes.

(a/n: hi guysss. so i decided instead of yera being all good and nice, i change her character to someone who hates kai after knowing his attitude. so enjoy)

Read // vote // follow ‼️