I. Sacrifice

POV: (Y/N)

A flicker of lightning storms down from the thunderclouds. It chars the ground between us, and leaves a sustaining mark of black. The rain continues to pour, and yet Gojo's navy uniform of the Jujutsu Tokyo Tech school remains dry. Gojo peers at me from behind his round glasses and smiles as he says, "You got them all, didn't you? The grade three and grade one curses." His voice is tinged with amusement.

    "Yes, clearly," I reply, motioning with my hands towards an indent in the hand railing where the grade one curse hand landed after my hit. Several stone slabs are littered along the second floor, a clear indication of confrontation.

    Gojo purses his bottom lip. "Aw, guess I was late then." I raise my eyebrows and nod, yet I also ponder his words. My family is only assigned to curses that are seemingly 'forgotten' by the Jujutsu Tech higher-ups, yet Gojo Satoru is here. My guess is that he is here on his own accord, making his personality just as interesting as the rumors say.

"Well, it was nice seeing you here, (y/n) (l/n). Maybe we'll see each other again some other time," Gojo grins and turns. He doesn't face me when he waves a hand in farewell, the other still tucked inside his pocket.

"Maybe we will," I say softly, my voice drowned out by the raindrops that fall from the sky. Gojo's silhouette is nothing but a charcoal sketch, edges blurred in the darkness of the night. He continues to walk away from me, before leaping from the roof and being swallowed into the shadows.

There is something in the shadows, though. I feel a presence watch me, lingering from the corners of the daycare balcony.  More curses, accumulated by the presence of Sukuna's finger. Or perhaps they-

Sudden realization strikes a flare of worry in me. I dig my left heel into the ground and dash towards the door. My hand wraps around the cool steel handle, and I push the door open.

    The girl is gone. There are faint bloodstains that mark the wall, where she'd been leaning to support her arm. However, there is a trail of cursed energy, remnants of the encounter I'd had before. My eyes are able to detect the trail she'd left with ease, following the corridor into a room. A room that holds two special grade curses.

    I can feel them before I see them. The sensation vibrates electrically, the power between myself and the curses repels us naturally. Through the walls of the daycare, my eyes make a faint figure of their auras.

    They are tall; taller than Gojo Satoru by a few inches, who is not at all lacking in height. I stop before the door, only a few steps away. It is clear that if I were to simply barge through the door, they would easily hold her hostage and end both our lives within seconds. The best scenario would to be luring them out, and putting as much space as possible between the girl and myself with the curses.

I feel the faint cursed energy of the girl, her condensed emotions of paralyzing fear. It is most likely the first time she has ever witnessed curses, a feeling that would be carved into her soul for the rest of her life.

Panic begins to settle in, but I close my eyes and take a breath. Curses will most likely also be attracted to a large source of cursed energy, whether it alarms them or interests them, it is sure to set off their actions and lead them anywhere away from the little girl.

My cursed energy begins to spill out from my body, the aura glows just before my skin, and I allow higher concentrations of it to leak out slowly. It naturally appears around my figure, and with it released, I feel the cursed energy of the special grades step closer to the door.

The metal hinges slowly creak open, barely audible through the howling rain. I blink out raindrops that blur my visions as the wind twists in the air. Figures appear from behind the door, a tall orange one alongside a blue one with a strange purple spot that covers a portion of its torso.