Birthday Traditions

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!  I know its been awhile, but to make up for it this chapter is pretty decently long.  For some reason it took me awhile to get this one out, but I hope you guys enjoy it.

WARNING: this chapter contains adult language and drug use

***

In the days that led up to my birthday I thought about the conversation I had with Shika and my proposed future at Uchiha Corp. My grandfather, Madera Uchiha, had started the company about fifty some years ago while in his thirties. He had partnered with the mayor at the time to provide weapons and other technologies to the local law enforcements agencies.

Over the years the clientele had evolved as much as the technology. As a result, our family not only had deep roots in this city, but now the Uchiha name seemed to carry substantial weight in several different countries. That's what allowed our cousin Shisui to relocate to America, where he oversaw the company's assets for the North American region. He had managed to at least distance himself from grandfather's iron rule. I decided to keep that thought in the back of my mind. If I couldn't shake Grandpa on me working for the company, I could maybe at least persuade him that I should learn the ropes under Shisui, half a world away. It could be my back-up, back-up plan.

Once my grandfather passed away Uncle Fugaku was set to take over, already being prepared now in his position of CFO. Grandpa had already declared in his will that after Uncle Fugaku retired, ownership of the company was to be divided equally between Shisui, Itachi, Sasuke, Obito, and myself.

I really hadn't ever seen myself as some uptight executive confined to a board room or office all day. I had always hated the idea of being told where to be at what time. 'You have to stay here until this time', 'while you're here you can't A, B, C, etc.', 'while you're here you have to do this, this, and that', it all sounded awful. Which is probably why the thought of continuing my education beyond high school sounded so abhorrent to me. I think at the end of the day I hated the feeling of my life being controlled. I wanted to be free. 'And yet...' the thought of an older, strong man taking charge and putting me in my place... 'oof'. No wonder I was a train wreck.

I began to think about what job I would want to work at. Somewhere where I could work when I wanted to. I wasn't lazy, if I had the choice, I would work but I didn't want to be penalized if there was a day where I wasn't feeling it. I needed something where I had a little freedom while I was confined to one place. Hair stylist? No, I didn't really want to take a chance of messing someone's hair up, even if I attended classes. Amateur Model? No, my body was nice, but with a larger ass and breasts I didn't have the right proportions for model work. 'Hmmm.... I could always be a professional escort...' I mused to myself. 'I'd probably have to wait for Grandpa to die before I tried that one.'

***

The morning of my birthday I woke up early. It was a Friday, and I was so ready for my party tomorrow. I normally half slid off my bed to get out of it, but today I practically sprung out from under my sheets. I threw my hair into a messy pile on top of my head, my baby hairs making cute little tendrils around my ears. I pulled on my uniform, exempting my cardigan until I had finished my makeup. Normally I didn't wear much makeup, usually just using eyeliner and some sort of lip color. But today, I was going to go all out, eyeshadow and everything.

After all, today I was officially an adult. Well technically, I was born at exactly midnight on the 30th. There had always been some debate whether my birthday would be celebrated on the 30th or 31st. My mother had put an end to it though by insisting we celebrate both days, and that was the tradition we had stuck to ever since. No extra presents, just a two-day event-usually a family trip when I was small. As I got older, we designated the 30th for family and I spent the 31st having a party with my friends. Even after Mom and Dad passed, Obito and I carried on with the same routine.