He was a bit jarred at her reaction but Brandon managed to keep his facial expression even, "Okay. I'm sorry. Just wanted to know if you're okay."

Sunday had turned to look at him and when he was done speaking she released a deep breath, "I'm not okay. I don't know if I'm ever gonna be okay. The minute that we're done packing everything, I'm gonna have to accept the fact that I'm an orphan. I just... God... How do people do this? B.J, I cannot do this."

She threw the pants she had been folding onto the duvet and Brandon walked around the end of the bed to lightly rest his hands on the tops of her onyx colored t-shirt covered shoulders, "I've always said you were strong and I guess now is one of the few times you're gonna have to prove it. It gets-."

"If you say that it gets better, I might actually scream. Why don't you go help Jeanette with Noah's room while I go and get him from his friend's house?" Her tone was overly aggressive and caused Brandon to tilt his head back a little.

Sunday sighed then rested the top of her head against his shirt, "My bad for snapping on you. I..."

"You're grieving. I'm surprised you haven't snapped more." Brandon replied.

Sunday managed to give him a half smile then leaned up on her toes to give Brandon a peck before leaving the room, her gait slow and slightly unsteady.

With a sigh, Brandon shuffled to Noah's bedroom where Jeanette was packing his gaming system.

When the other woman noticed that Brandon had entered the room, she gave him a look of deep disapproval and scoffed before returning to her activity of stuffing a Playstation controller into a brown cardboard box.

Brandon scrunched his eyebrows a little at her reaction to his presence, "You good?"

"I'm fine." Jeanette huffed a little, "I'm just trying to understand why you can't keep a better handle on your fiancee."

Brandon rolled his eyes at her timbre before picking up an unfolded box leaning against the ocean blue wall and beginning to open it up, "Not my fiancee and what do you mean?"

The question made Jeanette pause in her movement and then scoff again, "Please don't act like you don't know."

"I don't know. You wanna stop with the passive aggressive shit and tell me or?" Brandon trailed off.

"Yesterday, me, Sunny and Raf stopped at Target to get some stuff and your crazy ass fiancee pulled up, called Sunny a slut, spit on her and basically told her that Henry dying was her karma. You really didn't know any of that?"

"Obviously not." Brandon replied.

"Sure you didn't." Jeanette waved off his answer.

"Not that I have to explain myself to you but what sense does it make for me to send my ex after the woman I love?" Brandon inquired.

"What sense does it make for you to cause all this drama in Sunny's life knowing all the shit she was going through without you there?" Jeanette shot back, "She would've fought that bitch if me and Raf weren't there. You're like this huge target for drama!"

"What's going on?" Rafael appeared in the doorway from where he had been packing utensils and dishes, a glass cup still in his right hand.

"You need to get your friend. She has no idea what she's talking about." Brandon said, fighting to keep his facial expressions neutral once more.

Brandon wasn't about to let someone who he wasn't with or wasn't in his family make his blood pressure rise.

"I just told him the truth. Sunny literally fainted because she couldn't handle the mess that you did." Jeanette stopped packing to point across the bed and at Brandon.

Rafael rubbed his forehead and mumbled something to himself in Spanish, "I really don't need this shit right now. Jeanie, this isn't the time. Noah's friend's house is just around the corner and I don't want Sunny to hear you bashing her boyfriend."

"That's not her boyfriend. They're not back together," Jeanette insisted and then let her eyes float over to the space where Brandon was still standing, "Right?"

Truth be told, Brandon didn't know about the status of his relationship with Sunday and this wasn't the moment and Sunday wasn't in the right frame of mind for him to spark the conversation.

"It doesn't matter right now," Rafael spoke, saving Brandon from having to answer Jeanette's question, "And you're causing the drama so for right now can you just squash it and just pack so we can go back to D.C?"

Jeanette rolled her eyes at her friend, glanced at Brandon once more and then the adversaries turned back to packing up Noah's things.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!