010

may 4th, 2026
1:11 am

BRANDON LAID ADJACENT TO Kimberly in their king sized bed, placed against the caramel painted back wall

He was laying down on his back, his gaze on the still ceiling fan while Kimberly was resting her head on his shoulder, her blonde hair spread out between the two of them.

The hum of the air conditioner was the only thing sounding in the room due to the time of night, and the blinds were only half shut, letting the lights from the street lamps outside and the moonlight flow inside the room.

Brandon's mind was on Sunday, he knew it was wrong but he simply couldn't help it.

Sunday had always been the one who got away and now that she was within the same city, Brandon couldn't help but wonder if she was thinking about him as much and as hard as he was thinking about her.

"Babe, I was thinking that instead of a spread for Saturday we get little appetizers like pigs in a blanket." Kimberly said, the tapping of her acrylic nails against his bare forearm jarring him from his disgraceful thoughts.

Brandon blinked but didn't turn his head, unsure that a look of guilt wouldn't be on his face, "That sounds good."

"'That sounds good.' Are you listening?" Kimberly asked in an amused tone.

"Kinda," Brandon cracked a faint smile and turned to look towards her, "You know parties are more your thing than mine. I don't care as long as there isn't too many people."

Kimberly raised both of her eyebrows in a guilty manner and Brandon groaned, "Kim, what did you do?"

"Nothing that you need to be worried about." She replied in a breezy tone then patted his chest in a reassuring way.

Brandon sent his fiancee a look and Kimberly sighed before clutching his right shoulder to adjust herself further onto his collarbone, "Just invited some old friends of yours. It's not a big deal."

Old friends of...?

Oh.

Oh, shit.

"Uh, did you invite Sunday?" Brandon asked after a moment's pause.

"Yeah!" Kimberly said, "Good guess."

"Why?" Brandon raised one eyebrow, "Why would you do that?"

"I saw her at Starbucks and I took a chance. I thought she was going to say no for a second but she agreed and she's gonna bring more people." Kimberly smiled.

"You're really trying to do this friend shit, huh?" Brandon hung one arm around her shoulders.

Kimberly shrugged, "I don't see why not. She was nice to me."

Brandon thought her trying to be friends with his ex was a little more than odd but he wasn't gonna rain on her parade, not if he didn't have to.

"It's just... I know her and I know you and m-." Brandon paused.

He really needed to get out of the habit of calling Sunday, ma.

"I know you and Sunday," He corrected himself, "And she isn't really the outgoing, friendly type like you are."

"People can change." Kimberly argued, sitting up a bit and brushing her hair back.

The silhouette of her pajama covered body was outlined by moonlight and Brandon chuckled, "Yeah. Yeah, they can. I just don't want you to go thinking that this is something it's not."

Kimberly snickered then wrinkled her nose, "It's just an invite to a party. It's not like I told her my deepest and darkest secrets or anything. Relax, babe."

Brandon glanced at her then looked away, "Okay. If you say so."

Kimberly looked towards the white wooden night stand, at the moonlight on the oatmeal colored carpeted floor and then back towards Brandon, a hopeful expression on her face, "Can we try again tonight?"

Her voice was soft and demure, letting Brandon know that one thing and one thing only was on her mind in the moment.

Kimberly wanted a baby and for the past three months they had been trying on and off, in an attempt to make her happy.

It wasn't that Brandon didn't want a child, it was that he didn't want every time they had sex to be about her getting pregnant.

Sex was about way more than that to him and he was starting to wish that Kimberly would feel the same.

"Tonight?" Brandon questioned, hoping that he had heard her wrong.

"Yeah, unless you're tired." Kimberly snatched a hair tie off of the night stand and began to pull her long hair into a ponytail.

Brandon raised an eyebrow, "What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing," She giggled, "Just that you might be tired. Practice and all that."

Brandon pursed his lips, causing Kimberly to giggle some more, "I thought you were tracking your ovulation days with a doctor. Are you still doing that or no?"

"That doctor is in Houston and I'm ovulating right now. I just wanna try." Kimberly lightly tugged on the hem of Brandon's shirt, "The next few days are the best for conception."

Brandon tucked his bottom lip into his mouth for a couple of seconds then released a long awaited sigh, "Okay."

Kimberly scooted closer to him, pushed the covers aside eagerly and placed her lips on his.

It didn't take long for the two to mesh together in a heated make out session and even shorter for Brandon to skillfully and quickly slide her cotton shorts off her legs and onto the floor.

The act was swift and the sounds of moaning and skin slapping together went as quickly as it went.

Kimberly slid herself off of him and then laid back down beside Brandon, panting just the tiniest bit, "You think it'll stick? You think this time will be the one?"

Brandon moved over to sit at the edge of the bed, "I don't know, Kim."

Brandon tucked his lip in once more, the lie on his tongue, "But I hope so. I really hope so."

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!