「Phase 99」Beyond the Galaxy

Start from the beginning

"Jeez, you really didn't care?" Saki asked, "Maybe it's a good thing Suzukawa-san got the job instead. Speaking of - have you received a Premium Rare coord yet?"

"A... what?" Usagi asked.

"A super-fancy-probably-expensive-really-amazing coord that's designed specifically for you," Saki explained, "It's a must-have for any idol!"

Usagi nodded. "So you have one?"

"...It's... a work-in-progress," she muttered, looking away.

"A Premium Rare..." Claire muttered, "Maybe it is a good time to seek one."

"Do you have a brand?" Saki asked.

"Not in particular."

"You don't?" Minori asked and both herself and Usagi cocked their heads.

"Well then," Saki said, leaning in with a shine in her eyes, "Luckily for you, I know a lot about brands. I even helped Usagi-chan choose hers."

"It's complicated," Usagi added at the end, "But I'll figure it out soon."

"You didn't already?" Saki asked, "Continuing, the most obvious choice for Suzukawa-san is a cool type brand."

"Maybe Millennia Wings," Minori suggested, "It has an almost antique feel that suits her."

"An antique brand?" Usagi asked, "That's super cute! I'm sure it'll fit you a lot, Suzukawa-san."

Claire stayed silent, one of her fists clenched tightly beneath the table.

Holding... something.

"Something like Nanami Kotone's Floret Premium Rare could work," Saki muttered in agreement, "But I was thinking more along the lines of Twilight Fortune."

"You think she's a goth?"

"Before discovering Pastel Macaron, Twilight Cosmos was my favourite brand."

"That's a pretty dramatic change."

"That doesn't matter. Suzukawa-san would look good in Twilight Cosmos," Saki said, "Even if it's not her typical style. Even Nanatsuki Asuka's Floret Premium Rare has stars on it, just like there would be stars at a Planetarium. It's meant to be."

Claire's grip tightened.

"Thank you for your advice," she said, "I'll take both brands into consideration."

"It'll be best to get one soon," Saki advised, "Before everyone else begins scrambling to get Premium Rares themselves. The same should go to the rest of us too."

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

That evening, Claire sat in a gazebo, staring out print-outs from both brands. The more refined Millennia Wings or the beautiful gothic Twilight Fortune.

She unclenched her hand, looking at the watch pendant hidden inside.

It certainly fit Millennia Wings well.

But then there was Twilight Fortune, which fit stars at least somewhat.

And then there was...

...

...

...

Well, Twilight Fortune was the brand someone important wore.

So maybe that'd be ideal.

"Good evening, Suzukawa-san."

Alerted by the familiar voice, Claire turned around. "Good evening, Kazami-san."