I don't like to admit it, but I cried... a lot. Almost more than Naruto, the crybaby himself. I just couldn't bear the thought of being away from him. What if something happened and I couldn't protect what was mine? So many outrageous and unlikely thoughts raced through my mind that would make me worry even more. Like, what if he encountered Suigestu again and I'm not there to defend him? What if someone finds out about his sexuality and bullies him in school? What if Naruto falls for a different person...? He's so outgoing and likable that it's not impossible for other people to pursue him. As selfish as this sounds, that might be my worse fear of all.

All this time, I could be feeling like absolute shit at home while he has the time of his life with his... new lover. I should feel happy for him, in that case, but I can't. I cannot force myself to be happy for him even though he may be happy himself. I'll only be content when I'm with Naruto, plain and simple. I just hope that he shares that notion for me too.

A flash of lightning sparks somewhere in the distance, a startling thunder sound erupting from the clouds. It's been raining very hard for the past few hours and I'm practically soaked with water. The points of my black hair drips and the clothes I'm wearing have become heavy with water absorption. I'm not worried about my health or anything, since I've never caught a cold in my life. If Naruto were out here, though, I would want him to stay inside. For some reason, he catches colds and fevers frequently and very easily.

...I would kill to be able to take care of him while he was sick right now. I miss doing that.

I would prepare ramen from the microwaveable packs and serve it to him in a large bowl while he was bedridden. Even when he's sick, Naruto always scarves the food down greedily. His stomach is like a black hole. Plus, the way he eats is just so damn adorable. When he drops his guard in front of me and eats sloppily and with no manners, it makes me feel so warm inside. Like... like he would only act like himself around me.

The corners of my eyes water slightly and I quickly swipe them with my wrists, cursing to myself, "Shit. Not again."

I flutter my eyelashes shut and angle my head down, trying to force the tears to stay inside my eyes. I'm sick and tired of crying over Naruto. Like, I get it, I'm sad. I don't need a reminder every time I think of him.

Despite that, the tears slip through my long eyelashes anyway, falling down my face and mixing with the warm rainwater. I wrap my arms around my knees and bury my head between them, sniffling and sobbing pathetically. I can't stop once it begins, and memories of my Naruto flood my mind like a rushing waterfall. It's like my body wants me to cry my eyes out. I hate it.

Come back to me, Naruto. Please.

I hug my knees tighter and my body trembles.

Please, Naruto. I miss you so much. I can't live without you.

A few hiccups drawl my sobs, and the rain patting on my back lessens and lessens.

I don't want to leave... not without you in my arms, Naruto.

The rain stops completely and a lingering drizzle is left behind. The clouds part in the sky to reveal a dazzling view of the bright moon even clearer than before, the radiant light shining down directly on top of me.

You're the only person that I can cherish as mine in this world, Naruto. The only person I'll ever love as passionately as this. Don't stay away. Come back to me.