I stalked off towards the nonfiction aisle and picked a book concerning space. I mean, who doesn't love astronomy?

I picked a seat close to the back of the library but not completely. I noticed Adekunle and his friend a few seats from where I was and he caught my line of sight. Adekunle I mean. He smirked at me while I just rolled my eyes and sat down. I plugged in my air pods and played some Billie Eilish music. Her voice is just too good. I opened the book and started reading while listening to her melodious voice.

Adekunle Orenuga

"I said Davido is the best!" I said trying to emphasize my point to my dumbass best friend.

"I'm starting to think you're delusional" Timi said rolling his eyes, "nobody can beat Odogwu!" He said also emphasizing his point.

I sighed and shook my head for the idiot. "Why do I have you as a best friend? You have zero taste in music" I said to him.

"I should be telling you the same thing! I mean Davido is the king of bad lyrics for God's sake. Why in fucking Neptune would you want to listen to that? Most of Burna boy's lyrics are sensible and reasonable if not all sef" he ranted off.

"So you want to write speech for Burna boy ba? Well lemme tell you something. Davido is an icon. No cap" I finished off.

He was about to talk again when the voice of an angel was heard. I'm talking about Rolake.

"Mrs Peters!" She screeched and ran to her. I watched from where I sat, the way she conversed with her. Such a free spirit.

But not with you.

I rolled my eyes and Timi nudged me. I turned to look at him and he pointed at her.

"Do you think she'll know it's you?" He asked me, referring to the package.

"Impossibility? 99.999%" I said to him, my eyes moving back to her frame. She walked towards the nonfiction aisle and picked out a book. Looked like a science book.

"You're pathetic" he said while sighing and I just shrugged.

Rolake moved towards a table when our eyes locked. I sent her a smirk while she just rolled her eyes and sat down, plugging in her air phones and started reading.

"Since you're too chicken to have a normal conversation with her, I'll do the honours" Timi said, stood up and walked away before I could even say anything.

He walked over to where she sat and tapped her shoulder while I just watched with interest. She looked up to him and removed her air pods. She raised her brow and stared at him expectantly or rather impatiently. They said a few things and he sat down on the sit in front of her. I couldn't really hear what they were saying so I just leaned back in my chair and drummed my fingers on the oak table expectantly. I'll ask him when he gets back.

After a few minutes of waiting, Timi came back with a smirk on his face.

I lifted my brow at him. "Don't tell me you asked her out" I said to him and his face became blank.

"Yes. Yes I did. I asked my best friend's crush to be my girlfriend" he said then rolled his eyes and sat down on his seat. I looked towards Rolake and saw her watching us with a raised eyebrow. She then shook her head and went back to her book. I looked back at Timi and then raised my brows.

"Tell me what you guys talked about" I said, getting impatient and curious.

"Well I just told her that I want to be friends and if she would like to grab something when we close. At first she refused, cus well, your going to be there. But then I promised her that you would be on your best behavior and I would be responsible for any stupid thing you do. So she agreed to go with her friends" he said.

I just stated at him. I blinked once. Twice. Thrice.

"So you mean to tell me you came up with that plan with your peanut sized brain?" I asked amused and he just glared at me.

"Be serious Kunle" Timi said, his voice low.

"Okay I'm serious. Sorry" I said and comported myself.

He just rolled his eyes at me. "We're meeting at Spice Palace later today," he said "don't fuck up" he finished off.

"You valid bro" I said bumping his shoulder.

"Whatever" he said and rolled his eyes but I could see a ghost smile on his lips and it made me smile. "By the way, my part of the deal is done. Get ready to do anything I want"

A/N
Ahem! (Grabs readers attention)
Hello!
How you doing?
How was the chapter?
Yh I don't really have much to say but Rolake is 5 reads away from 150 reads💃. I really appreciate you guys. Like Kunle would say 'Y'all valid!💓'

Don't forget to hit that orange star, comment as much as you can and share! Share!! Share!!!
I love you😇💝

Till the next chapter
🚶