chapter 9 - The Bell Tower

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/168456

Same Day - Same Scene

Day One

Afternoon - The Runway

After being shot by Rafe, Peterkin coughed violently.

Isa knelt down next to Peterkin worriedly, ripping her uniform open, pressing her hands over her wound to try and stop the bleeding. "Hey, hey. Hold still. Hold still. It's okay. Where is it? Oh, my God."

John B knelt next to them. "I'm so sorry."

John B put his bandana under Isa's hands to help slow the bleeding.

Rafe kept his gun on Isa and John B to make sure they couldn't do anything else.

Sarah was crying, sobbing in shock, completely horrified and overwhelmed.

Lia, still experiencing the effects of being drugged by her medications, double the dosage, completely out of it and exhausted, was still aware of what was going on, but she couldn't react in a big way like Isa, John B and Sarah could.

Sarah held Lia up as she was crying.

Peterkin could barely speak, gasping. "Call. Call for help."

John B grabbed her radio to call for help.

Rafe aimed the gun at John B. "Hey!"

"Rafe!" Sarah told him. "Rafe, no!"

Rafe walked closer with the gun. "Don't try it, asshole."

Lia tried to run closer to stop her brother. "Rafe, no!"

Rafe grabbed Isa from behind, putting the gun to her head to make Lia stop and have leverage over John B for him not to make the call. "Don't do anything stupid either, Lia."

Lia glared at Rafe.

"John B, give me the radio," Ward told him.

"Don't do it, JB," Isa told him, not caring that Rafe held the gun to her head.

John B looked at her worriedly. "Isa..."

"Just give me the damn radio," Ward ordered. John B slowly let it go because of Isa's life on the line. Ward took the radio. "Rafe, I got it. Calm down."

Lia glared at Rafe. "Let her go."

Rafe slowly moved the gun off Isa's head.

Lia instantly helped Isa up, pulling her away from Rafe, as both held onto each other's arms, tears in their eyes.

"Rafe, put the gun down," Ward told him, leading him away from the dying Sheriff and the four teens. "I got it."

"Run," Peterkin warned weakly.

Isa looked down at Peterkin, shaking her head. "We're not leaving you."

Ward looked at Rafe. "They can't do anything. He can't. I got you. You're okay."

John B looked at Isa, Lia and Sarah, all four of them with tears in their eyes.

"Run," Peterkin repeated.

John B's voice broke. "I'm sorry,."

Lia let go of Isa, guiding her closer to John B. "Go. Both of you."

Isa looked at Lia and Sarah. "You can't stay here."

"I can't run, Isa," Lia reminded her in a whisper, making sure that while Ward and Rafe were whispering to themselves, they couldn't hear her. "Not like this. I won't get far. But you and John B can get to Kaylee, Kie, JJ and Pope. You can get help."