chapter 8 - The Runway

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/168006

Same Day - Same Scene

Day One

Morning - Middle of Nowhere - Ocean

Isa and John B were at the throttle of the ship. 

Ward started to climb up the ladder toward them, the gaff hook clinking against the ladder as he climbed.

Isa and John B heard the clinking sound from the ladder behind them, turning to see Ward with the gaff hook.

Ward climbed up toward them with the gaff hook, waving the weapon around. "Isa, John B, get back! Get back! Get away from the throttle!"

Isa and John B backed away.

John B raised his hands. "Okay, okay."

Ward pointed the gaff hook at them. "Stay back! We're not going anywhere till you listen!"

"Okay!" Isa replied, trying to get him to stop waving the hook toward them. John B stood in front of Isa protectively as Isa glared at Ward. "Relax!"

Ward pointed at them. "It wasn't my fault. It was your father, okay? It was your father that tried to change--"

John B lunged for Ward, trying to grab the gaff hook from his hands. "You piece of shit!"

The two yelled and groaned as they fought back and forth. Ward pressed the bar of the gaff hook against John B's throat, managing to push John B against the railing, aiming the hook of the gaff hook right at John B's face. John B barely managed to hold the gaff hook off, so Ward headbutted John B, pushing him over the railing of the boat, making him fall down to the bottom of the deck.

Isa looked over the railing to her brother worriedly. "John B!"

"Run, Isa!" John B yelled.

Ward turned to Isa with the gaff hook. "Nowhere to run, Isa."

Isa flipped up the cooler lid, grabbing a beer bottle, slamming the end against the boat to break it off into a sharp deadly piece of glass, holding it out at Ward. Ward hesitated, but swung his gaff hook at Isa repeatedly. Isa ducked under the swings of the gaff hook, slashing the broken beer bottle into Ward's stomach, leaving a shallow cut across his skin. Ward looked down in shock. Taking advantage of the distraction, Isa quickly ducked over the railing, holding on the railing as leverage to jump down to the bottom deck, looking up at Ward. Ward stared down at her, running to the ladder.

John B slowly pushed himself to his feet. "Come on! Come on." Isa helped John B. They ran through the side of the boat to a small compartment on the bottom. John B found a radio, calling into it. "Mayday! Mayday! This is the--" They both groaned as a high pitch static echoed from the radio and to their ears. "Hello? If anyone is hearing this, this is the My Druthers! Mayday. Mayday. Mayday! Can anybody hear me?"

Ward appeared, rushing around the corner, yelling, swinging the gaff hook at them. Isa and John B fell in different directions as they dodged the weapon. The gaff hook slammed on the radio. Ward latched the gaff hook on John B's cast. Isa stood, kicking Ward fiercely in the back. Ward turned to Isa, ready to swing when John B grabbed Ward in a choke hold, lowering him to the floor.

Isa looked at John B. "Let's go!" Isa and John B ran up the stairs and into the inside area of the boat, looking for a weapon or anything to defend themselves with. John B and Isa frantically pulled off the seat cushions so they could get into the compartment underneath. Isa grabbed the spears and a spear gun. "Yes."