My muscles felt sore as I stood. Paper in my hand, I hiked to his desk. An expression of dissatisfaction found its place on my face, cringing as I laid my paper on the wooden surface. I very much don't want him to read what I wrote. 

"It would be nice if you mentioned the test," I hissed, crossing my arms. Leaning forward, Adam gave a half-smile, "It's none of my concerns." 

"Oh really?" I laughed sarcastically bringing my face closer to his. He stared at my eyes for a while, then shifted his sight to my lips. 

"But undressing me does concern you?" I tiled my head. His blue eyes darkened at my words, jaw clenched. Can't believe I just said that! 

"Elena," his deep voice uttered my name. Hand reached my baseball cap, tilting it upward. I froze in my place as he pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. He observed my face, "Your health and safety always concern me, so stop being a child." 

Huh? a child? wow, this man has the guts to say it again.

I gaped at him in disbelief, so he wants to do this! shooting back, I stated, "And you are a creepy old man." 

His laugh ringed through the classroom, causing my cheeks to flare. "You chose violence, Mr. Rutherford," I said while shoving his chest aggressively towards the board. He stumbled backward in startle. 

Amusement crept on his face, as my hand rested on his broad chest. His back stabbed on the hard surface of the board. I brought my face close, my nose tip brushing his cheek. Doing the exact gesture he made in the library. 

"Say something about me being a child again, and you will see what I will do," my voice whispered against his skin. His gaze intensifies, as I feel his hand snaking up my waist, "What would you do?" 

He pressed me against his figure, anticipating what would I do. And so I brace myself and gulped, calming myself to do it. He always does this to me, gets me in his embrace, and touches and then acts cold, and so do I can do the same.  

My feverish lips brushed the corner of his mouth, pecking his cool skin. A half kiss. I backed away from him, and he looked at me in amusement. His hand dropping at his side, as he readjusts the glasses that hanged on his nose. 

He looked fazed. I barely found my voice as I said, "Act like nothing happened." 

Yes, I used his words against himself. Just so he knows what it's like when he said it.

"See you later," I grinned. He didn't say anything, and I didn't stay to hear. Turning my back to him, I stalked to the door. Okay, that was too bold! what the hell is wrong with me? it felt good though, to copy his actions just so he knows what it feels like.  

Great now I have to go to his apartment and we need to act as nothing happened, how ironic. Shoving my way through the crowd, I don't have other classes. So I leave the campus and walk my way to the east. 

Few minutes passed while I hiked to the apartment. A cool breeze brushed my feverish cheeks making me sigh in exhaustion. My muscles ache as I strolled, all I want now is a quick shower and a long nap. Yeah, that sounds like luxurious comfort. 

Reaching the building, I shuffled the keys out of my bag. The familiar doorman gives me a pointed look as I get in the elevator. Does he eye everyone like this? creepy. The elevator sound ringed as the doors opened. 

Unlocking the door, I walked in. Switching on the lights, I dumped my things on the coffee table. Boxes filled with my belongings were at the corner of the living room. I reached for the suitcase and got out a pair of underwear, pajamas, and a towel.

Entering his room, the place had his scent. I shook my head and quickly got in the shower. Warm water relaxed my sore muscles. Shampoing my hair and soaping my body, I was done in few minutes. 

Exiting the bathroom, a towel wrapped my wet hair. A door thud sound regarded me. I tiptoe my way to the kitchen, not wanting him to notice me just to spare us the awkwardness of what I did. A sneeze tickled my nose, and I sneezed causing a sound. 

"Bless you," Adam's voice came behind my back. I turned to look at him, as he extended a tissue box. Taking one, I wiped my nose mumbling a "thank you." 

His palm reached my forehead, checking my temperature. "You are burning," his eyebrows knotted in worry. I shrugged my shoulders, "It's fine. I'm fine."  

"No, you are not, God Elena you should have skipped classes and rest in bed today," he said firmly, he is scolding me. 

"Well, then I will miss your test," I playfully stated. He smiled for a second but then masked his face with seriousness, "Just sit, I will be back in a minute." 

I cluelessly sat on the couch, as he marched back into the kitchen. He brought a bowl of water that soaked a small towel. 

"Come here," he sat next to me and patted on his thighs. I slipped off the towel away from my hair, and a pool of wet strands brushed my shoulders. I lingeringly laid my head on his thighs, extending my bare legs on the couch. 

Looking at him, he put on the cool soaked towel on my forehead. I shivered at the cold that brushed my skin. Exchanging looks, Adam's hand lightly caressed my hair, "You know that you can go with him on a date if you want." 

My eyebrows shot in surprise, "What date?" I asked. 

"Wednesday date with the guy you were talking to this morning," he exclaimed sternly looking away. So he heard us. 

"Really? you don't mind?" I asked curiously. I might be interested in Eric, but at the moment with Adam's hand in my hair, I'm not sure what I want. 

His eyes found mine, "If that makes you happy." 

Happy? what's that? happiness long time abandoned me. But he cares about my happiness and that startled me. 

"Why?" my voice broke, he stopped caressing my hair. A wave of emotions washes over his features, "Because these are your youth years, and I don't want you to miss anything of it, not for a thing that your father got you in." 

My heart skipped a beat at his words. 

"Why do you care so much, Adam?" I questioned, barely holding my tears as fever burned me. He stayed silent for a while, hand tangled in my hair. 

"I don't know," he shrugged, "I just care about you." 

Adam cares about me! and by the thought, a tear escaped from my eye. Eyelids hooded, sleep drifted me away. The memory of his words and those ocean eyes of his seems to heal my aching heart, and warm my shattered soul. 

.....................................................    

Hey lovelies, I'm back. Okay, so I know that a lot of you were waiting for updates, and I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting. I really am trying to write as soon as I can. Please comment your thoughts, and vote. stay safe, love ya 💕