Chapter 7: The Attitude

Start from the beginning

I propped a hand on my hip and cocked a hip to the side.

“You said you were going to help me. So are you gonna help or sit around all day?" My patience was running thin at his careless attitude.

"I am helping you." 

Ok, something is seriously wrong with this guy. The only person he's helping right now is himself.

I sighed.

“I don't see you helping, you're just lying on your ass not doing anything! And quite frankly, in my world the word 'helping' is not classified as making yourself comfortable and ignoring the person who actually needs the help."

"That's interesting. I would be offended but 'quite frankly', I don't care." He crossed his ankles and exhaled deeply. Still laying in his relaxed position.

I scowled. 

I was becoming more agitated by the second. Not even the great, gorgeous scenery before me could calm me down.

"Whatever," I mumbled before stomping off angrily. 

"Where are you going?" I heard Dontae shout from behind me.

I ignored him.

I had no idea where I was going but I just knew I needed to get away from Dontae before I did or say something I would regret. 

He can push anyone's buttons without trying and I wasn't about to let him bask in my irritability as if it was free entertainment. 

Neither did I want him to see my horrible crying face if I decide to bawl my eyes out.

***-***-***-***

It wasn't even five minutes since I stormed off from Dontae and I could already tell that I was lost. 

Crap!

I was never good at Geometry. Which is probably due to my terrible navigation skills. 

Now I felt angry at myself for being so stupid to wander around in a forest by myself. Luckily it was still daytime.

But my ego couldn't handle blaming myself so I'm going to blame every problem I have now on the little devil. He's the one who carried me out here in the first place!

I reached in my back pocket to pull put my phone. But it was nowhere to be found.

Where's my—

Oh.

I just remembered that the little devil has my damn phone.

But among the inner turmoil that I was facing,  I couldn't help the hope that swirled in my chest. The hope that he will hurry up and find me. 

But knowing him, the only one he cares about is himself so I doubt he even cares that I'm missing.

I stopped walking and studied my surroundings. It was a canvas of tall, healthy trees with fruit trees and trees without fruit. There were also splats of brightly coloured flowers and small buds that looked like purple berries here and there. 

I was glad it was daylight and not night because I'm sure that I would pass out from the terror of being in an unfamiliar environment without any sense of civilization close by.

I have seen a few horror movies in my lifetime and all I can say is that they weren't the slightest bit pleasant.

I began to imagine myself in a vampire's grip with its sharp nails digging into my skin. Before I could blink or even think, its fangs were buried in my neck.