(35)•Controlling my anger•

(Chapter 35)

               [Itrisha's pov]

   There was an insistent knock on the back door, while I was serving breakfast the following morning. "Who is it?" I asked but got no response.

  I looked at Kemeil who had just sat down to eat, the insistent knocking came again and he got up and looked through the kitchen window, then opened the backdoor.

  "Good morning." He said to whoever, "Morning, did mama not told you what happened the day before yesterday?" Mishand's angry voice reached my ears from the doorway.

  Lameilia started to cry and I couldn't hear what they were saying, I lift her from her chair and hushed her, though I didn't see what was making her cry.

  I looked to Lori who had her head down. "So you hit my kid for that? Mishand really, do you need to get a physiciatric evaluation?" Kemeil's angry voice was yelled.

  Mishand was yelling profanities from across the back yard, he came in and close the back door. He gently took Lameilia from my arms and began lifting her clothes searching her.

  "Lori, what happened?" I asked, she looked timidly at me. "Grandma lay on the floor playing with them and aunty Mishand's baby, one of Lamielia's toys scraped aunty Mishand's baby by accident and grandma dressed the scar." She paused.

  "Aunty Mishand came from the kitchen and was very angry and she slapped Lameilia, grandma got really mad and hit Mishand and they cursed a lot as she took away grandma's walking stick so she couldn't walk and she grabbed Lameilia away from grandma and beat her."

  I was seeing red by the time she finished recounting what had happened. I heard a vehicle start up and I looked through the living room window and saw Mishand driving out.

  Kemeil took Lameilia upstairs, his masked anger kept me from doing anything I may regret. With breakfast uneaten sitting on the counter and dining table, I told Lori to cover them up and went upstairs to get ready for work.

  "Lori why didn't you tell me what happened?" I asked my very intelligent daughter, because it was unusual for Lori to not tell me anything, especially something like this. In my heart I was wondering if I was failing her.

  "Grandma asked me not to, she feared you might really hurt aunty Mishand, she said she was going to tell daddy. I suppose it was because of Kristen's show, why she didn't get to." She explained.

  I hugged her, I wasn't mad at her for not telling me. "Don't ever be afraid to tell me anything, no matter how bad it is and no matter how angry you know I'll get, still tell me, I love you very much, have a great day today." I told her.

  My engagement, Kristen's movie and then the rescuing, everything that had happened distracted me, as I sat in my jeep in the parking lot at work, I silently prayed.

  It is one thing to have a problem with me, but to take it out on my children was definitely asking me to viciously kill you.

  I downloaded some songs unto my phone, I hadnt went to check on my wards because of Mishand and I was overwhelmed with emotions.

   I would never abuse her children in anyway, the thought of how she beat my child in anger hurt me to the core.

  Ms Eloise had spoken to me the night of my engagement, she sounded a bit nervous. she may have wanted to tell me, but because of my anxious hopes that the girl and everyone would come back safely, I was unable to detect anything out of the ordinary.