Chapter 3: How, why?

It was around XuShi (7.00pm-9.00pm) when the Jiang Family and most of the guests have gather in the dining room. It consists of a large rectangular table, on top which serves food that comes in different flavours and spices. There are some traditional roasted meats, stews, various vegetables dishes, soups and many more. The china tableware is glistening white and various wines and juices were placed among the many dishes.

But that's not the most shocking part. There were other people - children and elderly even, - sitting on the chairs as they wait for the others to arrive. It was then they realised something these were the people who they lost during the SunShot Campaign and it's aftermath. Jin ZiXuan, Jin ZiXun, their families, elders, kids, everyone they had lost were there. They even sent thank yous to the woman or whoever they thought who had brought them here.

Without a word, Jiang YanLi ran and hugged Jin ZiXuan in a tight hug as the Jin Family arrived, with Jin GuangYao in tow. The hug was full of tears and happiness. It was then they realised something. "Wait a moment, WHERE'S JIN LING!?" Jiang YanLi shouted ehike tears are in her eyes. In a second, everyone was frantic as they had nearly forgotten baby Jin Ling as most of their children were not with them when they disappeared.

"Do not worry. Your child is safe." A voice spoke out. Most of the cultivational world started shouting profanities at the familiar voice which they had recognised as Yu Lian's. "Sheesh, he's just playing with his newfound martial cousins, no need to worry so much." Yu Lian looks exhausted. The Jiang Family were thinking how Yu Lian have gotten so tired while Jin GuangShan was shouting. "Then why did you kidnap him then? Return him to us with yourself then we will put this behind our backs." Yu Lian fake vomited. "How could you! I swear Jin Yong will be so mad at you to the point he will actually castrate that fucking dick of yours." "YOU! HOW DARE YOU SO CASUALLY USE OUR SECT FOUNDERS NAME! HAVE YOU GOT NO RESPECT!?" Jin GuangShan was practically fuming while Jin GuangYao is chastising him. "I am so done. EAT YOUR FUCKING DINNER OR YOU WILL BE DINNER FOR MY PET FOX!" She said while pointing her finger at the Jin Sect Leader.

Everybody visibly flinched until Jiang YanLi spoke up, while still drying her tears. "M-May I-I ask w-where is A-A-Ling?" She stuttered. Yu Lian smiled and calmed down. "Palace of Lilacs and Gardenias, near the garden pavilions." "T-Thank you, Y-Your Highness." "Please, we're family now. No need for formalities." "Y-Yes, grandmother." Everyone who sat there was in shock. Yu Lian clapped her hands. "A-Li, no need to worry. Besides he has already eaten and maybe pulling pranks on the disciples by now." She chuckles. "Now eat your dinner. I'll bring him to you soon. And make sure you all try to eat it up." Yu Lian then started walking towards the hallway.

"Grandma!" Yu Lian's head perked up. She turned around and saw Jiang YanLi walking up to her. "Thank you. For giving me a chance to see them again, even if I can't see him anymore." Yu Lian just smiled. "A-Li, time is a fickle thing. Maybe, just maybe, you will be able to see him again." Jiang YanLi moved to hug her great-grandmother. The others just stared at her while others were sad but happy at the same time as they knew the 'he' she was talking about.

After a while, Jiang YanLi has released Yu Lian and headed to sit next to Jin ZiXuan. Yu Lian has told her that she should ring the bell in her room when she wanted to call for her son. And with that, Yu Lian left without a word again as the cultivational world is still processing the information.

Just as the cultivators almost started eating, they heard profanities being shouted. Most of the Jiang Family just sighed. It's apparently quite normal in this mysterious place that they are being held in. "WEN MAO! A-NIANG JUST SAID JIN LING, NOT THE FUCKING ENTIRE 4 GREAT SECTS NURSERIES! SHES GOING TO FUCKING KILL US LATER." "I'M SORRY ALRIGHT, PLUS HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT THE POOR BABY HAS A SEPARATE ROOM!" "Can we all calm down please, brothers." "NO!!!" And they heard a sigh.

Now they were even more confused. Just who the hell is literally outside arguing. And what in the world are the nurseries doing here!? Just then a tired and exasperated voice called out. "ALRIGHT NOW WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE!? GO BACK! NOW! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT! I SWEAR IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN YOU WILL BE THE ONE DEALING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES! DO. YOU. GOT. THAT. WEN. MAO?" Let's just say they were scared stupid.

"Yes, yes shifu." Came a scared voice. The conversation ended with a boom. It was then the Jiang Family realised how and why Yu Lian looks so tired and done with the world when she entered just now. 'Finally'. Thought some of the rogue cultivators. 'Now we can eat dinner in peace.' But fate was not on their side. They suddenly heard a loud boom.

'Why? Why must it be today?' Thought Madam Yu, Jiang FengMian and Jiang YanLi while shaking their heads. "Let's calm down everybody. This is totally normal." Said Jiang FengMian as the guests tried to eat their dinner in peace.

Outside the room, Yu Lian, being the wonderful, tired and pissed off mother and master she was has finally shooed her most annoying students away and finally got a chance to rest. She heads to her bedroom but realised something was wrong. The gates to her private residence is open and thus she quickly tried to sense if anything or anyone is there. To her relief, it was just Fluffy, the family pet wolf. She had almost thought it was an intruder as some enemies was showing movements in the West. She went inside and gave Fluffy a pet on the head and went to the bedroom. She changed out of her formal robes into a silky black night robe ant promptly fell asleep on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Um...... sorry for not uploading earlier. School and home life has been a bit hard lately. But don't worry, this author is currently writing Chapter 4 although I do not know when I will post it. Once again, I am sorry and well thank you for reading this fic. Welp see you people! Bye~
~The Author ❤️