𝟐𝟐. 𝐂𝐚𝐩

- Four Months Later -

Today is our one year anniversary, and I got Chris a gift. I have to pick it up somewhere, I really hope he likes it! I wake up early this morning, and turn around to see Chris still asleep. I smile, get up and take a shower. When I'm ready to go, I write him a little note and leave the house.

__________

"𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮𝔂!

𝓘'𝓶 𝓹𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓹 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓴, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀.

𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓯𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮
𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂!

𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 "

__________

The gift I got him, is kind of special. Chris and I have been talking about adopting another dog, and Dodger would love a little friend as well. So, I went to an animal shelter where they have tons of rescue dogs, and found a cute little golden retriever puppy there. I took Dodger with me, to see if they'd like each other, and they immediately started playing and cuddling.

I'm picking him up today, just like all the things we need for him. I also got him insurance, and everything else he's going to need, like food, toys and a place to sleep. I really hope he likes it, mostly because it's his house.

I'm kind of nervous to give Chris his gift, but my feelings tell me that he'd like it. The puppy doesn't have a name yet, I'll let Chris make one up for him. When I picked everything up, I get to the animal shelter.

"Hi! I'm here to pick someone up, my name is-" I say to the receptionist, but she interrupts me. "Amelia Morgan, I know! God, I love you! That movie you did, Knives Out, it was amazing! Oh, and I loved your voice in Dr. Dolittle!" she cheers.

Its crazy that people are recognizing me now, since I started acting. Sometimes, they even mention me on the news or in the papers and magazines! There are tons of people who started following me on Instagram as well, including fan accounts. Who would've guessed that would happen?!

"Right, thank you!" I reply, making the woman smile. "I'll go get your little puppy" she adds, and she walks away. I take a deep breath, and watch her walk back to me with the golden retriever pup in her arms. "Here you go Miss. Morgan!" she cheers, handing him over to me. I thank her, get to the car with him and park it in front of the house.

I get inside through the back, quickly walk over to the guest room where I place the pup on the ground. "Behave, okay? I'll go get your things" I whisper, petting his little head. I walk out again, grab all the things I got for him and place them all in the guest room as well.

"Just a few minutes sweetie" I whisper again, and I walk out of the room. "There you are! Come here baby" I hear Chris yell from the kitchen. I turn around, brightly smile and walk over to him. I place the bag of breakfast groceries in the counter, and wrap my arms around Chris' neck.

"Happy one year anniversary, baby" he whispers in my ear as he hugs me tight. "Happy anniversary" I giggle in reply, giving him a big kiss. "Is there anything you want to do today?" he asks, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I don't have any plans, do you?" I ask in reply, making him smile.

"Well, first I want to give you something. Second, how about dinner at our restaurant tonight?" Chris asks. "Oh yes, I'd love that. Also, I think I'm going to have to give you your gift first" I reply. "Are you sure?" he asks again. I nod my head, take his hand and lead him to the couch.