𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑑 // 𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑒

⚠️ NSFW Implications ⚠️

=========================================

Ngh!

You were pinned to the ground rather harshly. A mutter of pain escaped your lips as you stared into those eyes filled with anger mixed with sadness.

"Childe, snap out of it. This isn't you——"

The harbinger ignored you, lowering his head and moving his delusion mask to the side, trailing kisses from your neck to your collarbone. Leaving bite marks along the way.

What's going on?

Your mind drifted back 5 minutes ago. You two sparred as usual. The fight was fine at first, when signs of Childe being himself started dulling away, as if losing control.

"Childe——"

"NO, GET BACK. I don't want to hurt you..."

His attacks became more aggressive, almost deadly if you weren't reacting fast enough. But midway, he found an opening and had you pinned down. You knew you could easily fight back, but hurting him was the last thing you wanted to do.

"____..."

?!

"Wh..y.."

"Why didn't you tell me you were the Keeper?"

Your eyes went wide but you remained silent.

"All this time... you were lying to me..."

"You never looked at me... the same way you did to others. You never talked to me.... with that calm and gentle smile the way you did with others."

"Childe, I——"

"Am I nothing to you?! Am I just a stranger who tagged along, hungry for battles?! Just a pawn you can easily dispose off anytime?! Was our relationship nothing more than that?!" His voice grew louder, almost screaming. His voice echoed as you could not find any words to say.

Childe leaned down and whispered, "But if I make you mine.... will you finally care.... about me?" His voice laced with desire as he leaned back up, staring down at you.

Your eyes softened, realizing the situation. You cursed internally for not knowing sooner. All this time.... It was your fault. You reached a hand, placing it on the ginger head's cheek.

"Come here, Childe."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The harbinger's eyes shot open, his body jolting up from the bed, his breathing a bit uneven as he scanned his surroundings.

Where am I...?

"You're awake. I'm relieved..." The sound of your voice made him turn to his side.

You wore a simple grey yukata. Your hair was down, some strands laying peacefully on your shoulder.

"______ Lăo shī...." His eyes trailed off around him.

"Don't worry, you're in my place. How are you feeling?" You asked, he placed a hand on the side of his head.

"I'm alright, it's just...."

Hah..... Hah...

Come here, Childe...

His eyes widened, the incident coming back to him. He gritted his teeth, eyes gleaming with unbearable guilt.

"Why..." His head turned to you. "I told you to stay away! I wasn't in control!"

"...I know.."

"Then why?!" He stood up from the bed. "Why did you let me do those things?! Why didn't you just resist me?!"

"I wasn't sure if using brute force would stop you. I didn't want to hurt you, after all." You explained, "So I allowed you to do what you wanted to appease your anger."

Childe let out a shaky laugh, "Is that so? Liyue's most beloved Keeper spread their legs to a monster just to stop them from going out of hand? Do you pity me so just because I told you how I really felt. You'd probably do it for someone else——"

"Childe...." You looked at him directly, a slight frown formed on your lips. "I allowed you because it's you, Childe. Just anyone won't cut it."

Childe frowned, his lips trembling as he responded, "But still! You could've gotten hurt!"

"But I wasn't." You reasoned. "Because I knew you would never harm me, ever, Childe."

Childe lowered his head, guilt visible in his eyes as he intertwined his hands with yours, gently massaging them. You inched closer, placing your forehead against his, assuring him that you're okay and that he shouldn't feel guilty of his actions.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that—— No! I never should have done those things.... not to you..." His voice became quieter, as he tried surpressing the tears tempting to fall from his ocean eyes.

"Don't be, I should've realized sooner... I ended up making you suffer because of my ignorance..."

Childe shook his head, "No, it's fine... I know you'd have a proper reason for doing things."

...And maybe I was a little impatient... desperate for answers...

Is that why I lashed out?

"Then let's start being honest with each other."

"Eeh?"

"No more hiding secrets."

"What——"

You stifled a laugh, "You have something to tell me, do you not?"

Childe huffed, turning away, "So unfair, Lăo shī."

You sat on the bed, patting your side, signaling the harbinger to sit beside you.

Geez...

Childe sat beside you, his heart fluttering at the gentle smile you were giving him. He cleared his throat as he prepared himself before telling you everything.

=========================================

Bonus:

Childe: Was it...

You: Hm?

Childe: Was it too big or..."

You: what was?

Childe: *flustered* You know...

You: *laughs softly* Not at all, it was just right so it wasn't a painful experience.

Childe: *blushing* I-I see...

=========================================

(Lăo Shī) is a chinese honorific for "Teacher". Your role in Liyue is Keeper, a guardian who's duty is to keep watch over the inhabitants and keep away evil entities from corrupting them.