ʏᴏᴜʀs || xɪᴀᴏ

« 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 »~ 𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒐 ~

« 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 »
~ 𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒐 ~

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

It was already midnight by the time you entered Wangshu Inn. You were covered in dirt from head to toe. But you were unbothered by this, since it comes naturally to you when you go on adventures.

Can't say a certain someone will act the same.

As usual, Verr Goldet, the lady in the counter, greets you. You simply waved and dragged yourself up the stairs.

It's no surprise to the female that you'd return late, covered in filth, cuts and bruises. She's been working in this inn for a long time to know how her clients behave when they stay and leave.

Back to you, you let out a prolonged yawn. You were tired, no, more like exhausted to the bone. As much as you want to rest, you'd be hearing an earful from a certain adeptus that just so happens to live in said inn.

"Yet again, you show up to me, covered in filthy and ragged clothes." You rolled your eyes as you plopped yourself down on the bed, enjoying the soft bedding and the pillows.

"I just had Goldet change those sheets." Xiao facepalmed at your actions.

"Hmm, what are you gonna do? Drag me off?" You loved seeing him angry. Weird, I know, but you find it cute when he loses his cool.

Xiao shook his head, "You'd whine if I did, and I hate your whining."

You smiled.

He glared at you.

Sniff

"Who did you meet on your travels?"

"Why do you care?~ Jealous?" You teased, making the adeptus growl.

"Stop avoiding the question and answer me,____"

You rolled back and forth on the bed, a pillow pressed against your chest as you hugged it tightly.

"Just some friends I happen to cross paths with. Why?"

He huffed, "I can smell them on you. I hate it." You jolted up.

"I didn't–"

"I know you didn't, stupid mortal, because unlike others, you never back down on your word. You are loyal." Xiao frowned seeing you sigh in relief.

"I promised, didn't I? I'm yours and only yours." Xiao sat beside you, wrapping his arms around your figure and pulling you close.

You sensed the hesitancy in his actions which made you raise a brow.

"Xiao?" You were caught off guard as he nestled his face against the side of your neck. The feeling of his breath on your neck made you shiver but in a good way.

"You smell like dirt, go take a bath." Your eye twitched as he suddenly lifted his head back up, a frown plastered on his face, signaling his displeasure.

"You sly little– don't play with me like that!" Red hues dotted your cheeks as you averted eye contact with the male, who stared confused.

"I believe I don't follow what you mean."

"Just... nevermind." You got off the bed and headed to the bath area.

In the meantime, the adeptus went on to request Verr a new set of bed sheets. The woman didn't need to be told twice and obliged. When the sheets arrived, he dismissed her as he can set the sheets himself.

He had nothing else to do other than to wait for your lazy arse to come and keep him company throughout the night.

Why do you refuse to ask for my company? Rather, you prefer someone else's.

He was gonna be honest, he was jealous when he got a wiff of that scent on you. And maybe had other thoughts but besides that, he wasn't pleased, at all.

"Yoohoo~ I'm done~" Xiao snapped his attention towards you, as you lazily made your way towards him.

Xiao scoffed and turned away, "Could you atleast have some decency and put clothes on before you come in?" You hummed, picking the clothes neatly laid on the newly changed bedding.

"Sorry, I forgot to get them." You put on your casual shirt and shorts, taking a seat beside him. "I can make almond tofu if you want to stay up–"

Xiao shook his head, "No need, I-I think I'll sleep for now." You shrugged

"If you say so." Xiao frowned.

"What's with the smug look on your face? Stop that..."

"But I get to cuddle you when you sleep."

The adeptus blushed slightly, "W-Whatever..."

You giggled, "See~ I knew you liked my cuddles."

"Just shut up and lay down already."

"Alright, alright~"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Written: April 16 2021
Published: April 17 2021

Credits to the artist for the pic: