Chapter Fifteen.

As promised Cassie drove Levi downtown the next afternoon to his therapy appointment, other than a casual hello he had barely spoken the short ride to the large building. 
She had known him long enough to know he was nervous.

"Cassie?" He spoke as she drove around the parking garage.

"Yeah?"

"Will you come in with me?" He asked carefully.

"Of course, if you want me too."

"My mom usually comes just to keep me company, I know it's stupid but I just need someone to talk to to."

"It's not stupid."

She found a parking space between two larger SUVs but near the doors and parked, the large, dark, musty garage made her nervous. Ever since she was a child she had a fear of being trapped in one, or stalked.

She forced herself from the car and hurried to his side, Levi was carefully climbing from the vehicle when she reached his door.
She closed the door behind him and hey started towards the doors, her eyes moving constantly.
Levi reached out carefully putting an arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side.

"I'm right here," He said carefully.

"What?"

"I've know you since we were kids, I know these places scare you but I'm right here. I might be blind but I won't let any creeps grab ya."

She smiled and continued across the garage to the door, opening it for him to step inside. It lead into a white, cold, sterile hallway. The smell of iodine and bleach lingered lightly on the cool air as their shoes squeaked on the tile floor.

They reached a reception area and Levi carefully made his way to the desk telling the nurse behind it his name, date of birth and appointment time. 

They didn't wait long before a tall, dark skinned young man with a clipboard called to Levi. Levi smiled the first genuine smile Cassie had seen in awhile as he stood and walked in the direction of the deep voice.

The man was wearing khaki pants and a polo shirt, his black hair was trimmed neat and clean but she could tell it was curly, his dark skin compliments his beautiful smile as he embraced Levi in a hug.

"How are you doing my man?" He asked.

"I'm okay," Levi replied.

"And who is this beautiful girl?" The guy asked releasing Levi.

"This is Cassie, my best friend and Cas this is Milo."

"Nice to meet you," She said.

"You too, come on back Levi I got everything ready."

Levi followed Milo through the door and Cassie hesitated before falling in step behind him. The room opened into a large room with exercise equipment and a few massage tables against one wall.

"Where do you want to start?" Milo asked.

"Can we get the shocks over with?" Levi asked.

"Sure can."

He walked to one of the massage tables and after placing down a paper sheet he began digging in a tall cabinet. Levi followed and Milo helped him get comfortable on the table.

He was sitting up with both legs up on the table and Cassie couldn't really see much as Milo moved around his leg. A large TV was in one corner but he didn't move to turn it on.
When he finally moved she saw that a machine was now connected to different places on Levis calf and knee via sticky circles.