The Hunt

The Warworld: May 27: 06:36 UTC

On the Warworld, Raquel, Oliver, and Plastic Man were guarding the chamber. Raquel was covering Zatanna's shift, which she was happy to do. She knew that Zatanna was worried since the Light had kidnapped Nick and M'gann. And now, according to Captain Atom, the Team was missing. She knew that Zatanna was even more worried since her and Nick's nephew, Bart was missing with his teammates. So, of course she was happy to cover Zatanna's shift until Nick and Bart were found and rescued.

While the three Leaguers were guarding the key chamber, Black Beetle and Scientist were talking as they walked to the stasis pods section of the Warworld.

Black Beetle was carrying the crystal key. "As long as the Ambassador refuses to allow an attack on the Justice meat guarding the Key Chamber, the Crystal Key is useless to us," He said angrily as he placed the key in a stasis pod. "and the Warworld will never truly belong to the Reach to use to get rid of Phoenix" He added as they started walking away. "Mongul is to blame. By bring the Warworld to Earth, he cost us half our fleet." He stated as Mongul was seen to be frozen in another stasis cell.

"67.3%, actually." Scientist corrected instantly.

Black Beetle growled in annoyance. "And alerted the human meat to our hidden invasion force." He stated angrily.

"The Ambassador has ways of handling the humans. And though we have endured our setbacks, the Earth heroes have lost so much more." Scientist reminded showing that the missing Team were in stasis pods in groups. "It is unfortunate that Phoenix was not with the Earth heroes when Blue Beetle captured them, but he will be captured when he comes to rescue his allies. All considered, things progressed quite well." She assured Black. "Except for one loose end." She informed him.

"That loose end will soon be cut off." Black Beetle assured her firmly, still angry that they did not have Phoenix, so that the Reach could finally do what they had planned with his powers.

In another section of the Warworld, Arsenal was  shooting at Reach guards who were chasing him as they fired their lasers from their staff at him.

Arsenal managed to flip into a contraption to take cover from the Reach soldiers as they continued firing at him. "Arsenal to Team. Come in. Code Red, Code Red." He whispered into his comm-link urgently. He then threw an explosive at the soldiers that took them down, before he fired line from his arm at a bridge. Once he made it on to the bridge, he started running again. "Arsenal to Watchtower. Come in, Justice League. Arsenal to anyone... come in!" He said urgently, running from the soldiers that had started firing at him again, having recovered. Arsenal did not get a reply as he continued running.

New York City: May 29: 12:14 EDT

Meanwhile on Earth, at the United Nations building in New York, Ambassador was giving another press conference. "And in addition to our joint scientific advancements, the Earth has also gained a new hero." He announced, indicating to Jaime, who standing next to Ambassador in his armor. "One part human individual, one part Reach technology. Blue Beetle is the living embodiment of the peaceful union between our peoples." Ambassador explained. "Plus, he saved us all from the Warworld. Not too shabby." He stated with a smile as he started clapping. The crowd cheered and applauded in agreement.

Ambassador continued. "And this is only the beginning. Just imagine what the future holds when together, we reach for tomorrow." He cheered, gaining another round of cheers and applause from the crowd.

Ambassador saw a young girl with a Wonder Woman doll approach the stage. He approached her and knelt down to her level. "Uh, I thought the Justice League protected the Earth. Why didn't they stop the Warworld?" The girl wondered.