Toontown

Now I have saved the best land for last.

Toontown is actually the land where everything is wacky and down right cartoony with silly gags.

The area is inspired by Who Framed Roger Rabbit (minus characters such as Bugs Bunny, Droopy, Tweety Bird, Betty Boop and the other Toons from the film), and resembles a set from a Max Fleischer cartoon. The buildings are stylized and colorful. There are several attractions involving classic cartoon characters, such as the houses of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and a small children's coaster. Compared to other Disneyland areas however, there are few large or technically complex rides or shows, and the houses themselves appeal primarily as play areas for small children.

The fictional backstory given for Mickey's Toontown is that it was a hidden Toon suburb that Mickey Mouse had moved to in 1930 to keep in touch with his humble Midwestern roots, with his friends following soon after. When Walt Disney was looking for a location to build Disneyland, Mickey pointed him towards a large orange grove nearby for him to build his park. After the park opened, Mickey and his friends would travel between their Toontown homes and Disneyland to meet the countless guests that visited the park, before eventually deciding to open their hometown to the public later in the 90's, digging a tunnel through the berm.

Which is why it is also connected with Disneyville, you can tell that Toontown is the hometown of Mickey Mouse, his friends, and his supporting cast in most of their animated appearances. It has appeared in various media starring Mickey and his friends including television, films, video games, and a wide array of promotional material (except most comics, which retain the concept of Mickey living in Mouseton, and Donald Duck residing in Duckburg).

Toontown appeared as the primary setting in Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse. The town's name was rarely mentioned in either show; it was referred to as such by Clarabelle Cow in the House of Mouse episode "Clarabelle's Big Secret". The name was also mentioned in the text description for the show's online game "Who's in the House?" The city's appearance is based on the Disneyland section Mickey's Toontown, which itself is inspired by Toontown from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The homes of the town (such as Mickey's red and yellow house, and Minnie's purple and pink house) are directly modeled after the real-life attractions in Disneyland.

As mentioned, the town serves as the home for Mickey Mouse and friends as well as the only non Disney which is Yogi Bear and his gang as well as Scooby Doo, though in both Mickey Mouse Works and especially House of Mouse, several characters from the Disney animated features canon have made appearances around Toontown, mainly at the town's nightclub on Main Street, the House of Mouse.

Attractions and entertainment

• Disneyland Railroad (1955-)

• Gadget's Go Coaster (1993-)

• Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (1994-)

• Mickey's House and Meet Mickey (1993-)

• Minnie's House (1993-)

• Donald's Boat (1993-)

• Chip and Dale's Treehouse (1999-)

• Goofy's Playhouse (2008-)

• Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (2023)

• Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Pit (1993-1998)

• Goofy's Bounce House (1993-2006) (re-themed to Goofy's Playhouse)

• Jolly Trolley (1993-1999)

• Toon Park (1993-1999)

• Toontown Morning Madness (1993-2013)