Frontierland

Alright, we are now here in Frontierland. Frontierland recreates the setting of pioneer days in the American frontier. According to Walt Disney, "All of us have cause to be proud of our country's history, shaped by the pioneering spirit of our forefathers. Our adventures are designed to give you the feeling of having lived, even for a short while, during our country's pioneer days."

In Frontierland guests can relive the American Old West, from the romanticized cowboys and Native Americans, to exploring the mysteries of the Rivers of America. It contains classic attractions such as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and the Country Bear Jamboree. The land also contains shops such as Big Al's, Frontier Trading Post, Prairie Outpost and Supply, Briar Patch, and Splashdown Photos.

To build an accurate depiction of an old-West town, Walt Disney sent a camera crew to Frontier Town, in North Hudson, NY, to film a movie that was used as the inspiration for Frontierland, as revealed in the book, "Frontier Town Then And Now."

Together with Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom's Frontierland was designed to be a chronological and geographical trip across America, with Frontierland roughly spanning from 1790 to 1880. This architectural journey through time includes:

• Early 1800s St. Louis - DIamond Horseshoe Saloon, at the border between the two lands and representing the transition between East and West.

• Mid-1800s Colorado Rockies - The Country Bear Jamboree's Grizzly Hall

• 1860s-1870s American Southwest - Pecos Bill's Saloon and other buildings. The corridor to Adventureland takes on more of a Mexican influence to transition into the Spanish Colonial setting of Caribbean Plaza.

• 1870s Deep South- Splash Mountain, admittedly a detour from the original design intent that had originally been planned with Thunder Mesa in mind. The Florida version of the attraction was given more of a deep red clay quality to visually blend with Big Thunder and evoke the soils of Texas.

• 1880s Arizona - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, representing Monument Valley.

Now we must see list down the attractions of the land before we can see the actual lands from the films it has themed on.

• American Rifle Exhibit & Frontier Gun Shop (1956–1986)

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

• Big Thunder Ranch (1986–1996, 2005–2016)

• Big Thunder Trail

• Burning Settler's Cabin (1956–2003)

• Ceremonial Dance Circle (1955–1971)

• Conestoga Wagons (1955–1959)

• Country Bear Jamboree (1971-)

• Davy Crockett Arcade (1955–1987)

• Davy Crockett Frontier Museum (1955)

• Dixieland Band Stand (1955–1961)

• El Zocalo (1958–1963)

• Festival of Fools (1996–1998)

• Fort Wilderness (1956–2003)

• Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (1955-2020)

• Indian Village (1955–1971)

• Indian War Canoes (1956-)

• Little Patch of Heaven Petting Farm (2004–2005)

• Mark Twain Riverboat

• Marshal's Office (1955–1956)

• Mexican Village (1957–1964)