14.

RYDER'S POV-

"Ry if you don't wake up, I swear I'll throw this cup of hot milk all over you", my annoying little sister said holding her Harry Potter cup over my head.

"If you do that Rosie, you wouldn't live to see another day. And that's a promise", I said holding her hand in place. "Now come here and give me a hug, I really missed you kiddo", grabbing her as I ruffled her hair. 

"Ryder stoppp your breathe wreaks , I'm already dressed for school. Mom's gonna kill you if you mess my hair up".

"Alright alright, by the way thanks for letting me know you guys were getting back home earlier", I said as I let her go and planted a kiss on the top of her perfectly combed dark hair.

"Yeah no problem, you owe me. I'll take that twenty bucks after school", she replied as she stuck her tongue out teasing me as she left my room.

I headed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth since my breathe really was stinking of alcohol. Took a cold shower to get rid of this hangover and quickly got dressed. I grabbed my dark blue jeans and a fitted black t-shirt that showed my muscles off really nicely. Passed my hands through my hair messing it up just the way I liked and made my way downstairs for breakfast.

"How nice of you to finally join us dear", my mom said as I entered the kitchen. If only she knew the things that went down in here her tone would not be that calm.

I kissed her on the cheek which gave her the widest smile as I sat down on the opposite side of the kitchen counter before I responded, "Missed you mom, now what's for breakfast?".

"We got home late last night so I was too tired to whip anything up, plus the fridge is empty and almost all our groceries are done. How much does a college boy really eat?", she said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Oh you have no idea", I said blandly while my headache was growing more and more.

"Well your dads driver is off today since we didn't think we would be home so early. Do you mind dropping us off to the office and then Rosie to school? You'll also have to pick her up afterwards as well but we'll call an Uber back, we just need to sign a couple of documents and we'll be on our way".

"Sure that's not a problem", I agreed since I knew if I said no she would start an argument I just know I won't win, plus arguing would just make me feel worse and my heads already throbbing.

"We'll also have to stop to grab breakfast on the way", she said as they all got up making their way out the house.

"Just great".

On our way to the breakfast place my dad finally decided to talk, not like we ever really talk anyways. He just wants me to be his trophy son just so that he can show me off to his rich friends. He was never proud of me or how well I did in school, he just needed me to fulfill his college dreams that he was never good enough to do himself.

"Hey son, how's this football season shaping up?", he asked not even looking up from his phone.

"Oh I don't know dad, after all today's the first official day of practice for the season", I said through my gritted teeth and he didn't even respond. What the fuck was his point in asking then?

Mom could tell how thick the tension was in the car so she started to talk to cut it. 

"Ry you'll stop by the place at the corner okay. We just have to stop and collect our order, I called ahead and placed it. I got you a turkey and bacon sandwich", she said trying to lighten my mood by shaking my shoulders.

"Thank you mom", I said as I took her hand and planted a gentle kiss, she didn't deserve the backlash from my dad ruining my mood. 

After driving for about five minutes I pulled up at the curb for my parents to go collect our breakfast, leaving me with nosey little Rosie.