Just as Adrian predicted, twenty minutes had passed when Delaney burst into her house, Christian's rear facing car seat in hand, and a large smile on her face, "Isa, babe, where's that boyfriend of yours? I saw his car, so I know he's close."

With a shrug, Isa got up, pressing a kiss to her best friend's cheek before taking the car seat and sitting down on the couch, pulling out her nephew wo was wide awake, his doe eyes focused on her as he sucked quietly on his pacifier, "He's sulking in the back room," She muttered before grinning at the stunning baby in her arms, "Hi there, baby! Auntie Issy missed him so much!" She cooed as Del plopped down next to her on the couch before speaking in her normal voice once more, "He'll be out in a second, he loves this baby as much as I do."

Isa was correct. A while later, Isa was talking to Del about the family reunion that was being held that summer when she heard the almost silent padding of Adrian's footsteps seconds before he appeared in the doorway, nodding silently at Del who waved happily at him before he sat down next to Isa, taking Christian into his own arms. Both Isa and Del let out a loud, "Awe!" When he pressed a kiss to the child's forehead, cooing about how adorable he was.

"So when are you two gonna have one of your own?" Del asked, watching the couple fuss over the almost five month old Chris who was soaking up all the attention happily, those bright hazel eyes of his shining. Isa looked up with a frown, shocked at her best friend before groaning, "And that is your cue to leave, my dear. I will see you on Sunday!"

With a chuckle, Del was out the door.

The air was filled with a tense silence, Adrian's abrupt anger floating around ominously.Little Christian's laughs and coos the only thing slicing through the air.

Adrian was cradling Christian in his arms, holding the blue eight ounce bottle steady with a large hand over Christian's miniscule ones as he tried to hold his own bottle.

They were adorable, really.

For a moment Isa wondered what it would be like if she and Adrian had a baby. Would he be so loving, as he was with her nephew?

She knew he would be a wonderful father, something deep in her soul was telling her so, even with how horrible his temper had been since the two had met.

With a violent shake of her head, Isa jumbled up the potential images of what their child would look like, sighing as they diminished before pushing the thoughts as far away out of her mind as she could. She had no business thinking those dangerous thoughts.

Anything that came out of their relationship was a poison, Isa knew that. He had nothing to offer her, future-wise considering children, and in that instance, knowing that her future only included the man who she was turned immortal by and no children at all shocked her. Suddenly, Isa was heartbroken. She loved kids. With this new immortality, she had been granted over two centuries of fertility, and she knew her future would miss something she had always wanted. That killed her.

"Is that what you think, Isa?" Adrian's voice cut through Isa's depressing thoughts.

A frown of confusion fell to her face, "Huh?"

Adrian's voice was hurt, it cracked when he spoke once more, staring down at Christian, his voice so soft Isa wouldn't have known he was speaking, but thanks to her advanced hearing she heard him as if he were screaming in her ear, "You think you only have a future of-of good sex with me? You think that everything that comes from me is poison? Poison?"

That frown of confusion deepened, "I thought you already knew that's what I thought Adrian. We've known each other for over a year, and you just really started treating me like a person two, maybe three months ago at most. I told you what I thought of you multiple times." She stated "So, yes. Poison."