Chapter 9

...Kim Entertainment Agency CEO...

...the whole kpop industry mourns...

...who will manage the company of KEA...

...no one has ever seen who is the heiress of KEA...

"It's all over the news Jennie, I don't want to ask this right now, but when are you going to have your press conference?" Jisoo asks her.

"If I haven't done it today, I will surely do it tomorrow. No one else will. I am the only one who is responsible to do it, anyway. I will talk to the media tomorrow. I will also have the proper ceremony. But today, I will mourn about the most precious person who once I had." Jennie said to Jisoo.

Piya accompanied Jennie to their house. Jennie goes straight to her mom's bedroom while holding the urn. Piya let her to be alone inside the room. Jennie cried loudly. She was screaming. She blames herself for not being with her mom for that very moment she needed her. It hurts Piya seeing Jennie suffering from a sudden lost.

We just finished our tour. We are very happy. The moments are all perfect. Then this happened. Are you taking your anger to Jennie? To punish me?! Piya muttered to herself. She knows that Deity is watching them.

Piya knocked on the door, then went inside the bedroom. She found out that Jennie falls asleep because of too much crying. Piya grabs the urn and place on the bedside table. Jennie slightly wakes up and saw what Piya did. She then signaled Piya to lie down with her. She puts her head on Piya's shoulder and wrapped her arms around Piya's waist. Piya hugged her back. She kisses Jennie's forehead.

"I will make everything back on track again. I promise. I am sorry, Jennie. I love you." Tears fell from Piya's eyes. Then Piya fell asleep.

The next day, Jennie was seated on the bed, watching Piya in her sleep. She smiled just looking at her angelic face. Piya suddenly moved and opened her eyes. She saw Jennie is smiling at her.

"You're awake already?" Piya asks Jennie.

"Yeah, It will be a long day. Thank you for being with me." Jennie lie down on Piya's arms and wrapped her arms around Piya's body.

"I'll do anything for you, Jennie" Piya kissed her forehead. It was way too long than one she planted the other night.

"I am studying your face while you were sleeping. I want to memorize every part. So that every time I close my eyes, it is you I see. Do you know the song Yellow Lights by Harry Hudson?" Jennie asks Piya.

"Yeah, what about it?" Piya said.

Jennie plays the song on her cellphone. They stay holding each other for a couple of minutes while listening to the song.

Jennie uttered a line to Piya.

"What would I do if there wasn't a you?" Jennie smiled, waiting for Piya's response. But she didn't answer. Instead, she hugged Jennie tightly. Tears are starting to form on the corner of her eyes, but still manages to prevent them from falling. The song was about to finish, Piya moved lightly to split the hug. She then faces Jennie and delivered a line from the song to her.

"What would you do if I died before you? Would you sing about me like I sing about you?" Piya was staring into Jennie's eyes.

"Hey! Don't say that. I just lost mom. I don't know what will happen to me if I lost you too." Jennie punched her in the arm, then stood up. She grasps the urn and goes outside the room.

Later that day, the press conference was held in the KEA building. The reporters and some staff of the agency were surprised when they learned that Jennie Kim of Blackpink is the CEO's daughter. The heiress of the company. Mrs. Kim never put her daughter's picture in her office because privacy is very important to her. She was never suspected when she goes to a concert or any event of Blackpink. Of course, they will think of it as a CEO who supports her talents. Piya and Chaeyoug were surprised as well. Jisoo is the only one who doesn't seem surprised because they are practically cousins. And Jisoo never tells anyone about it. There was also a board meeting after the press interview. Jennie appointed the Vice Chairman for the meantime while she was still mourning. She is not yet ready to run a big agency. Mrs. Kim didn't prepare her for this.

A lot of known idols and businessmen went to the memorial ceremony. Jennie looked tired. Mr. Yang told her to rest for a while. She searched for the girls and saw Piya. Jennie pulled Piya into one of the rooms and landed a kiss on Piya's lips. Piya was surprised then pull back.

"Hey, someone might see us. There's a lot of reporters outside." Piya said.

"That's why we are inside the room." Jennie chuckled.

"Thank you for being my strength all these years. I love you, Piya." Jennie said.

"I will always be beside you, Jennie." Piya hugged Jennie.