Chapter 8

The two maknae's revelation stunned Jennie. She felt weakness on her knees and fell to the floor. Piya helped Jennie to stand and seated her on the couch.

"The feathers are getting drier and drier each day that passed by. Some feathers that are still on me are falling too." Piya said to Jennie.

"Why are you guys here? And why is this happening to you?" Jennie can't still absorb what is happening, and she moved away from Piya.

"We are here because we have a mission, Jennie. I, to make sure that Piya will fulfill her tasks." Chaeyoung stopped and gesture to Piya to continue the explanation.

"And me to guide you on the right path." Piya said to Jennie.

"So are you telling me I'm in the wrong position in my life?" Jennie said furiously.

"I don't know Jennie. Because things changed. I shouldn't fall in love with you in the first place, but it happened. And I know for sure that it affected you on how to decide things and later on, we are on the wrong course. I am sorry Jennie. It happened accidentally. I did not expect that it will go beyond my control." Piya said with a fearful look on her face.

Chaeyoung leaves the two alone to talk in private. She went outside to meet Jisoo, who is still in the company meeting for her upcoming drama casting.

"I don't know what to say Piya, it still didn't sink in me yet. I don't know if it's a dream or what. We are all together for many years, Piya and you are just telling me this now. I am not angry at you, Piya. But I am terrified of what will happen next. To you. To your wings. To us." Jennie's voice cracked.

"Don't you remember what you said to me earlier? We are each other's strength when the world goes against us. Now is the time to be my strength, Jennie. and I am to you." Piya reached Jennie and hugged her lovingly.

"I will do anything just to protect you, Jennie. Even if it cost me my life." Piya breaks the hug and lands her lips on Jennie's. It was soft and warm. As to how she imagined before on what it's like to be kissed by Jennie Kim.

Jennie put her arms around Piya's neck and push herself harder. They went on for a couple of minutes. Piya then smiled between the kiss and pull herself off.

Jennie smiled at Piya and asks her. "What does it mean when your feathers fell off from you and get dry?"

"It means that I am falling for someone. And it is against our law." Piya smiled even though she knows there will be a punishment for her action.

"I will tell you a story. Cheonsa's job is usually not here. I mean, we will go down on earth just to guide a missing soul. Once you are assigned for a mission on earth, longer than just guiding a missing soul, it only means that you've violated a law. And you are being punished. People on earth are cruel. They are very difficult to handle. That's why some Cheonsa are thrown here for mission." Piya said to Jennie.

"You mean, you violated a law before that's why you're here? Then you are violating a law again?" Jennie asks her.

"Yes." Piya smiled.

"What I've done before and what I am doing right now, are both worthy of the punishment, Jennie. It was way, way back before we even met. I was about to guide a missing soul. A young girl. Maybe 5 or 6 years old. She was hit by a car while crossing the street with her mom. The black sedan tries to avoid them but the back of the car caught her. Luckily, her mom got bruises and some scratches on the head and arms. But the child was seriously injured because of the incident. I was holding on to the girl's hand and we witnessed how her mom was devastated because of what happened. That's when I thought that the young girl had a bright future ahead of her and I cannot take it away. She should be alive if it wasn't because of the incident. I picked one of my feather and wishes to bring her life back. And that is a violation of our law. Maybe she was at your age right now, or maybe younger." Piya said with a broad smile on her face.

"So you mean, you can grant a wish with your feather?" Jennie confusingly asks.

Piya nodded and looked proud of what she did.

"Then what happened to the car? And how old are you, by the way?" Jennie asks.

"Regarding the age, we stopped aging in years. So practically, I am older than you. About what happened to the car, that story should be told by Chaeyoung. That's when I saw a glimpse of her before. But I headed to the hospital to make sure that the young girl will be revived. Oh, and I even left a note in her pocket. I told her..........." Piya was finishing her story when Jisoo and Chaeyoung arrived at the dorm.

"Nyongan! We're back! Are you guys excited about our tour next week?" Jisoo asks Piya and Jennie while she walks towards them.

"Yeah, of course! We are excited. We practiced it for months! For sure it's going to be a blast!" Jennie's response to Jisoo.

Weeks passed, the tour started. They started from Asia, then to North America, and now they are in Europe. They are all having fun spending time with blinks. And some getaways and shopping even for a day, then fly to another country the next day. This went on for weeks. Their last stop was in Japan. It was a blast as expected. The girls are having their dinner when Jennie's phone rings. To her surprise, it was from Mr. Yang.

"Hello? Ruby Jane?" Mr. Yang said to Jennie.

"Hello. Mr. Yang? Why did you call all of a sudden? Is everything alright back home?" Jennie asks.

The girls looked at Jennie, who looks shocked. She covered out her mouth by her hand. Tears are falling from her eyes down to her cheeks.

"Hey what happened?" Piya asks her. But Jennie did not respond. She buried her face in Piya's shoulder, she cried loudly this time. Piya and Chaeyoung comfort her. While Jisoo reached Jennie's phone. She knows Mr. Yang and Mr. Yang knows her as well.

"Mrs. Kim was rushed to the hospital. She felt severe dizziness, then she fainted. The doctor said that there's a rupture of the vein in her head. They are trying to revive her as of the moment." Mr. Yang's shakingly voice said to Jisoo.

"Thank you for informing us, Mr. Yang. We will catch the earliest flight." Jisoo said, then hung up the phone.

She told the maknaes what happened. Jennie was still crying when they rushed to go back to the hotel and packed her things.

"Jennie, please calm down. We will get there as soon as we can. Okay?" Piya tries to calm Jennie.

Jennie was still crying while she walks back and forth, then Piya pulls her for a hug.

"Everything will be okay. I promise you." Piya said. Jennie nods and faced her. She landed a kiss on Piya's lips. Then hug her again. Tears are still flowing from her eyes. She sobs and Piya caressing her back.

They caught the earliest flight that evening. The girls went home to Korea with her. Jennie didn't sleep the entire flight. She is just looking outside the window, then back to her phone to look at her and her mom's photo. She hopes it wasn't too late for her to see her mom. As soon as they landed, Jennie removed the airplane mode on her cellphone to call Mr. Yang, but she receives a ton of notifications on her SNS account. Then she saw a preview of Mr. Yang's message on the notification bar.

"She's gone. I am sorry Ruby Jane." Mr. Yang's message.