Chapter 5

"I'm home!" When Jennie arrived at their house, she was greeted by Kuma and Kai. Both of them showered her with smooches from cheeks to mouth to chin.

"I missed you two too!" She giggles. Dogs are the best stress relievers after lots of work throughout the day.

"Hey honey, have you eaten?" Mrs. Kim said to Jennie.

"Yes mom, we had a team dinner." Jennie was playing with her dogs when Mrs. Kim ask her to have small talk.

"Well then, let's have a light chat on the couch. Tell me everything! How's your day, how're the girls, how's being an idol, everything! Give me a glimpse update of your life. You barely go home during weekends and I absolutely understand that." Mrs. Kim misses Jennie, it's like she is still living overseas, but the sole difference is that she can be seen on tv and billboards everywhere.

"Hmmn very tiring, but very fulfilling at the same time. This is beyond what I expected to happen. I never imagined being recognized worldwide. It's incredible! The girls stay in the dorm. I think Piya and Chaeyoung will go to the park tomorrow while Jisoo will just sleep all day as always." Jennie said.

"Honey, I almost forgot. JYP called this morning, and he requested to invite you and the girls to his show Party People. Maybe one of these days, your managers will brief you about it." She yawned while talking to Jennie.

"Mom, take a rest now. I know you are overworked as well. We'll talk again tomorrow. I will still be here until dinner, then I will go back to the dorm. We have an early photo shoot the next day." Jennie escorts her mom to the master's bedroom, then she went straight to her room.

She is exhausted but couldn't find the best position to sleep.

Why am I even thinking what they have talked about earlier? Am I jealous? But why would I? Hmm.. Piya talks to Jisoo eonnie also, but I don't mind. Why is it that when she talks to Chaeyoung, my heart is pounding and I feel butterflies in my stomach? Ugggh! I hate this feeling! I will just close my eyes and loose my mind from everything.

She then fell asleep after few hours.

"It's absolutely lovely here! I almost forgot how it's like to just roam around, enjoy the sun and wind

"It's absolutely lovely here! I almost forgot how it's like to just roam around, enjoy the sun and wind. Literally, I forgot how to unravel." Chaeyoung said to Piya while she stretched both of her arms in the midst of air.

Piya didn't pay attention to what Chaeyoung was saying. Words that Jennie muttered to her last night still echo in her ear. She felt the same desire, the same frustrations when she thinks about Jennie. Piya then remembered where she and Chaeyoung finished their talk.

"Chaeng, what do you mean by I am your mission?" Piya asks her.

Chaeyoung's bright smile turns into a straight, unreadable, anguished face. She became serious and from hopping; she walked normally, then sat on the bench and face Piya.

"I am going to tell you my story so that you will fully understand." Piya nodded and all her attention was now onto Chaeyoung.

"Lean was about to get married in two weeks when her fiancé got into a car accident. She died instantly because of the enormous impact of the crash. Blood dripping all over her face from her bumped head on the steering wheel. I was summoned to pick her up and guide her to the other world. That's when I saw Lean. He rushes to the scene hoping that Alice was just unconscious and will survive the crash. But he was wrong. I saw how horrible he was." Chaeyoung paused for a moment to gather her breathing. She felt heavy inside whenever she recalls the situation.

"Wait! Wait! Who is Lean again? I know Alice is her dead fiancé, but who is Lean and why he matters to you?" Piya looks confused.

"Before Alice enters the other world, she asks me for a favor. If I can look after Lean until he gets over with the incident. I went down again and befriended him. Long story short Piya, I fell in love with him. How genuine and how he truly cares about the people he loves. He also has a good singing voice. And that's a plus, at least for me." She giggled, then continued her story.

"No one will ever replace Alice's position in his life, I know that. But he opens another door to accept who will come, eventually. And that happens to be me. I supposed. It's really unexpected Piya. Like what you are feeling right now to Jennie. My feelings for him got deeper and deeper each day that passed by. But my body weakened. My wings withered. My feathers started to fall too, one by one. The Deity warned me about it, but I never listen. I followed where I think my true happiness is. As a punishment, he cut the most sacred part of my body. My wings. And I became a normal person again gradually." Piya was stunned when he learned what happens to Chaeyoung. Her body was shaking as well as her eyes, which turned to bright green again. A sign of a sudden shock or too much anxiety that her mind, body, and soul cannot absorb as of the moment.

Chaeyoung continued.

"When I accepted my fate, the Deity allows me to be with Lean. As a normal person. I searched for Lean. My mind is happy knowing the fact that we will grow old together. But my heart is somewhat confused and anxious. Like it is telling me that I chose the wrong path. That's when I saw Lean with another girl. They look so great together. They are laughing and flirting with each other. Then I realized that Lean never told me how he felt towards me. That maybe I'm the only one who wants us to be together. That what I have for him is not mutual about what he has for me. It is a result of a hasty decision, of me being selfish and stupid over a temporary feeling. And I regret that Piya. Deity witness what happened to me and offered me to go back to where I truly belong. I become more loyal and truthful about what he asked me to do. I accomplished thousands of missions and he brought my wings back. Though, whenever I folded my wings, the old scars are still visible. He knew it will also going to happen to you Piya. That's when he assigned me to go on another mission again. Because he is aware that you can relate to my story. That I can still save you from your selfish desire." Piya saw how concerned Chaeyoung was to her.

"But what I have is not one-sided, Chaeyoung. I can feel it. Jennie wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with her as well." Piya said.

"Even if you think it is mutual between you and Jennie, it is still not right, Piya. You are here not to love a person. You are here to guide her on the right track. That is a mission that needed to be fulfilled. I'm sorry Piya that it has to happen this way." Chaeyoung's unhappy look was visible on her face. As much as she doesn't want to witness what we're going to happen in the future, she could not refuse a request from Deity.

"But how sure are you with that, Piya? That she wanted to be with you too." Chaeyoung crossed her arms.

"Because that's what I felt last night." Her lips slightly curved upward and formed the sweetest smile that Chaeyoung has seen for the very first time.