𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎

Please stay. But please don't stay for them, stay for yourself. Stay for that first glass of lemonade on a hot summer afternoon. Stay for quiet evenings that blow the wind through your open window, warning you of rain. Stay for the book your finishing. Stay for the book you might tell others. Stay for the beautiful thoughts you think before falling asleep. Stay for the friend you might one day meet. Stay for that one star that catches your eye at night. Stay for the sleepy, grey clouds that cover up the morning sunrise. Stay for the early bird's song. Stay for that can of soup that you will make at 4 am because you can't sleep because of all the wonderous thoughts your curious mind produces. 

Stay for the laughter that has yet to leave your lungs. Stay for the small ants that march across your hand and fingertips when you read outside under the shade of a tree. Stay for those nights when you just listen to music and drive. Stay for those mornings when you wake up and smell freshly brewed coffee that you remember making five minutes ago before falling asleep and forgetting about it. Stay because one morning, you're going to wake up and love the dark spots under your eyes because you stayed up all night dancing, writing, watching, or listening. Because when you wake up, you will make yourself a breakfast that you have always loved because you deserve to eat. Because you want to go for a walk, a bike ride, or simply drink water while watching the sun come up. Because you have another poem you want to tell, another song you want to sing, or another dance you want your feet to learn.

You deserve it. You deserve to eat a meal, you deserve to drink a full glass of water, you deserve to sleep for however long you like. You deserve to be loved so beautifully that the angels in heaven become envious. You deserve to have the rain that pours from the sky kiss your cheeks and wash yourself and the earth anew. You deserve happiness. And I want you to read this and fully believe it. It's okay if you don't now because one day you will feel this. You will understand this. And you will be happy you stayed.