Interlude

A/N: As you may notice, the Official Dragon Ball Encyclopedia was updated with game mechanics added in it and considering Dragon Ball FighterZ has 20+ fighters (plus DLC), I shall separate them into a few chapters. For now, let's get into the story. Remember, reviews are most welcome.

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum (R.I.P.)

Dragon Ball belongs to Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation.

Dragon Ball FighterZ belongs to Arc System Works and Bandai Namco Entertainment

Interlude

After watching the showcase of Vegeta, Nasir casually said to the group that he would be explaining to them what makes the Saiyan race extremely powerful.

"Alright. Allow me to explain what makes people like Goku and Vegeta so powerful. You see, there are exactly two reasons why the Saiyan race is to be feared throughout the universe - Transformations [Super Saiyan] and Zenkai [Saiyan Power]. You already know what a transformation is, but let me explain the details of what truly makes a Super Saiyan transformation work."

Ruby: What do you mean?

"You see, when the right conditions are met, a Saiyan may be able to transform into an advanced transformation that only extraordinary members of the Saiyan race can assume. Transformations as such multiply the Saiyan's power many times fold."

Everyone took the information to heart, as they all were fascinated by the fact that a transformation can in fact multiply an individual's power many times over.

"Of course, this is not to be confused with Zenkai."

Weiss and Blake: Zenkai?

Ironwood: Could you please explain what this "Zenkai" is?

"Gladly. *Ahem* Zenkai, otherwise known as "Saiyan Power", is a genetic trait that continually lets a in performance against a strong opponent, either by recovering from great injuries or enduring great struggle in battle. This power allows a Saiyan to recover from harm in relatively short periods of time. During which, the Saiyan will imprint on the injuries and/or experiences and instantly learn from it. As it does, their minds and body adapt to the said struggles, allowing their instinctual methods and natural resistance to noticeably improve, which also increases their physical might as they recover, thereby lessening the chances of the problem happening again. The more severe the damage they recover from, the more significant improvements will be, effectively making prolonged battles more favorable to them. Zenkai boost seems to increase noticeably after each use. And what's so dangerous about it, is that not only would a Zenkai cause the Saiyan's power to dramatically increase. But... under the right circumstances, it can also function as the trigger to unlock some strong, hidden power-up/transformation... that has yet to be shown."

Everyone had different reactions

Everyone had different reactions. Some of them thought Zenkai boosts were varily similar to Yang's semblance, minus the healing factor. Some of them wanted Zenkais themselves so that they could improve, but shuddered at the fact that they have to either get heavily wounded for it to work, or have to continuously fight for a Zenkai boost. Some of them were even scared by the fact that a Saiyan could get 10, or 20, or even 1,000 times more powerful than before after recovering from the brink of death. Though, they were all very intrigued by the power that these Saiyans have to offer.

Jaune and Sun: T-That's crazy!

Penny: So, in other words, so long as a Saiyan keeps training, fighting, breaking their limits, and retaining their body, they really have no established limits.

"That's exactly my point. Also a thing to note, is that whenever these guys (Goku and Vegeta) are training, they always tend to practice not only under serious conditions, such training in 10-100-500x of Earth's natural gravity, but they tend to do so in their base forms as well."

Everyone's jaws dropped when Nasir casually told them that the Saiyans (Goku and Vegeta) like to train under 500x gravity like it's nothing.

Yang, Nora, and Coco: HOLY CRAP!!!

Qrow: Did you just say "500x Earth's gravity?"

"Yes..."

Winter: (... Unbelievable...)

Ironwood: (T-These Saiyans... they are monsters... How could anyone possibly train under circumstances like that and not die from it...?)

Pyrrha then raised her hand.

"Yes, Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: Umm, pardon me. But earlier you mentioned something about a Saiyan training in their "base form", correct?

"Yeah, that's what I said."

Weiss: Wait a minute, why would they want to train in their base form as opposed to their Super Saiyan state?

"Hmhmhm... That, my dear Weiss, is a pretty simple thing to answer. You see, training in the base form gives faster overall results because it's less work required. For example, if you were at 2 million in your base form (100 million in the Super Saiyan form) and wanted to reach 150 million in the Super Saiyan form, training in the base would only require the effort of growing by 1 million. If you were to train in the Super Saiyan form though, you'd have to train for an increase of 50 million. Proportionally the increase would be the same, but the actual effort would logically be easier when going at it from the base form."

Ruby: Oh, that makes sense!

Cinder: I agree. I think it depends on their objective. Think about it, if they are interested in building more power, training in their normal forms is more efficient. If they want to focus on ki control and stamina, training in their strongest forms will do better, I believe.

"Exactly! And that, my friends, is what makes a Saiyan so powerful."

After learning all of this information, the group all found themselves awestruck at the power of the Saiyan race.

Ozpin: It would seem that these Saiyans really do possess immense, latent battle power... It increases greatly the more that they do battle.

Glynda: Indeed. Now I think I see why they are called, "The warriors of the universe".

Ruby: Nasir, thank you for teaching us this. So, can we move on to the next character, please?

"Say no more, little red. Consider it done."

Interlude - END

A/N: So, did you guys enjoy this? If not tell me what you didn't like and if you did enjoy this, please tell me what you really did like! It all helps, so please and thank you for your reviews and criticism, it really helps, believe it or not!