Prologue

A raven haired man, paced continuously outside the maternity ward of St. Mungo's, anxiously awaiting the news of his wife and child.

"Padfoot, mate, Marlene will be alright, and the baby." A man with jet black hair and glasses perched upon his nose said.

This however, didn't manage to calm down the nerves of the grey-eyed man. Running a hand through his hair, he replied, "Are you sure? The Healer said the situation is critical."

"Sirius," A red haired woman with a baby bump said, "calm down."

Nodding, Sirius slowed his steps but kept pacing nonetheless. "I don't know what to do, Lily. What if something happens?"

Sighing, Lily turned towards her husband, James, who only shrugged in response, knowing his best friend wouldn't heed a word, especially in this particular situation.

Mere minutes seemed like hours until a Healer stepped out, with a solemn expression. Hastily, Sirius reached her. "How's Marlene? Is she okay? How's the baby?"

The Healer responded in a low voice, "Mr. Black, we're sorry. We couldn't save Mrs. Black."

Those words made it as if the world had come crashing upon Sirius, as he fell back into a seat. He hunched over, his face in his hands, tears pooling his eyes.

His one true love. Dead.

James went forward to squeeze Sirius' shoulder, as Lily placed a hand to her mouth to stifle any sobs escaping, while the tears began to run down her cheeks, knowing her best friend was gone.

"But," Sirius' head snapped up, in hopes of the Healer saying that Marlene was alive. "Your wife gave birth to a baby girl. Would you like to see her?"

Sirius' shoulders dropped once more, deflated, but he got up anyway. Going in, his breath hitched as his woeful eyes fell upon his deceased wife. A faint smile still pressed upon her soft lips, her eyes closed shut as if she was fast asleep. In fact, she had fallen into a deep slumber from which she would never awaken.

"Mr. Black?" Breaking out his thoughts, Sirius' eyes landed onto the bundle in the Healer's arms. "Your daughter." She said as she placed the baby in the Father's arms.

The adorable baby girl had black hair inherited from her father, but her eyes were brown like her mother's. Sirius felt pained gazing into the little infant's eyes, Marlene's eyes.

Realization dawned upon him that this child was part of the cause of his wife's death. This caused a small hatred to form in Sirius Black's heart for a mere second. He shook it off, knowing he couldn't blame the innocent child.

Although this hatred had disappeared, it would resurface years later, causing a rift between the father and daughter.

 Hey!

So here's my new book! I had this idea a while back but I really started thinking about it more now. Here's the thing though, I don't know how often I'll be updating this story and how long this story will go till, because I do want to focus more on my other book, but I really liked this idea so I just decided to try it out. Although, this book could be put on hold or left unfinished at some point because I still need a more clear idea of the plot, and if this gets in the way of my other book, I most likely won't work on it for some time or drop the idea completely. 

Also I tried third person for this and it's actually not that hard, but I could still mess up!

Do let me know what you think of this though and if you would be happy to keep reading! I'm also kind of confused on the title because the other titles I thought of were too long, but this one works for now I guess. 

Also, this story doesn't have love interest as this is more focused on the father and daughter's relationship. If you guys would like a love interest, let me know and I'll see if I will go forth with the idea. 

Okay, I'll stop with my rambling for now. 

Have a good day!

Mini-Padfoot