I mean, these two boys once walked in the park together and only to go home separately because of some petty miscommunication between them.

Jake was another topic, though. He nodded at us before telling the two to follow us in his car. I was then too happy to climb in, knowing I would get a free ride again.

That's when we all gasped at Jay running out from the back parking lot and bolting towards us, looking enraged.

"If he's not so much of an ass, I would kinda like him as my friend", Niki commented, looking out the window in amusement.

"Y/N, get your ass out of there!", Jay shouted to us.

"Shit, let's go!", I yelled in panic as I hit Jake in the back. But the guy for all his hatred, looked confused as he watched Jay run towards his car.

"Just drive us, Jake hyung!", Sunoo yelled which was louder than mine, and after finally noticing my reaction, Jake drove off quickly.

"The fun was just starting!", Niki shouted in disappointment as he looked back, making me do the same and even I was shocked to say the least.

Jay stopped by the sidewalk and he looked sad as he disappeared in our sight with his shoulders sagged. I certainly did not ask for this kind of Jay.

When I turned back around to my friends, it was to see them all looking at me including Jake who casted glances to let me know he's waiting for an explanation.

"What did I do again?", I asked, not looking at them.

But Jake wasn't having it. "What the hell happened between you and Jay?", he said it so impatiently and my eyes filled with water.

I thought quickly of what would Jake say to me because of all the things he advises for me to do and now, Jay had kissed me. Twice. I should just confess before they hear it from someone else.

"This is not my fault and it happens without my control, but guys please, don't judge me", I murmured as I looked at them with tear-filled eyes.

"No, we wouldn't and we love you, Y/N more than we did for Jake hyung", Sunoo reassured me while Niki nodded enthusiastically. I chuckled at their sweetness.

To be honest, I'm an only child and they were like the ones I could see as my little brothers.

"Okay", I breathed out before clearing my throat and closed my eyes, already expecting their reactions, "Jay kissed me in the party"

A still silence followed where no one said a word and then, there was Sunoo and Niki sharing a look of pure judgement that they did not even bother to hide while Jake blinked repeatedly but his hold on the steering wheel had tightens.

"What the fuck!", Jake screeched after holding it in, his eyes avoiding my stare.

"I knew it, Sunoo hyung, that fella would do it. I told you!", Niki said excitingly.

"Why are you so being happy when it was her problem?", Sunoo can't stop sounding sarcastic to the only person enjoying my suffering.

I paid no attention to the two of them. It was Jake who I was being worried about.

"Jake, don't be mad. At least, I didn't response. I knew I shouldn't even if I still felt something", I tried to justify my action as I looked at him in desperation.

Jake's eyes only hardens before he hit the steering wheel in one go, managing to shut up Niki from the back seat, "I'm not mad at you, Y/N. I'm only mad to Jay because who knows what else is he planning to do to you"

"And we should add the fact that she's visiting at his house for that school project", Sunoo added, not really helping at all.

"Where would be the fun in that if we stopped her?", Niki snorted before rolling his eyes.

"He's a male, Niki and this friend of ours was still too weak to stop him, so we should do something about it", Jake said annoyed.

With his hand covering Niki's mouth, Sunoo started, "What do you suggest we do?"

As they proceed to plan in front of my face, I found myself paying much more attention to my friends as they spoke. I liked to think that it was better to be quiet since they were doing it for my sake.

It was after all, making me realized how much they cared about me.

In the next morning, I'm a little more reserved than I usually was as I spend my free time on an empty room. Sighing, I looked at my phone to see my next subject would be an hour later.

"Is something wrong with you, Y/N?", an acquaintance of mine in this class named Zera asked me. She stared at me in worry.

"Huh?", I asked, snapping back into reality.

"I've been calling you twice since we need to get in the library", she said slowly as if talking to a child.

"Oh, okay, let's go", I mumbled, clearly being embarassed by making her wait.

She helped me pack my stuff before we get out of the room and she started to complain about how our teacher demanded to search through the books, instead of being easy in Google.

I zoned out though, my mind was more mindful of our surroundings in case that person see me. I have been avoiding Jay all day, not really in any way prepared to face him after I slept in his house and remembered what happened that night.

I shouldn't even be thinking much about that kiss. It didn't matter especially when I hadn't felt anything other than shock.

We walked through the hallway and Zera hasn't still noticed me not listening as we squeezed our way through the students. I just didn't expect for a hand grabbing me out of nowhere and pulling me to a storage room.

I didn't even have to look to know who had done it. It was Jay whose face screamed in irritation and more so when he caught me frowning at him. He pushed me on the wall and caged me between his arm.

Guess what? I was used to it by now that I can even look at him straight in the eyes.

"Why are you avoiding me?", he whispered, I could barely hear him. He looked upset as he waited for my answer, an answer that my friends told me to say.

"I don't want to see you, nothing else", I answered, avoiding his intense stare, "After what you did, I hated you more for it"

He removed his hands from the wall and pass it through his hair frustratingly. Did he really have the right when I was more frustrated by that kiss?

To the ones being confused on how Y/N's kiss with Jay in the party was the second, read back to the part where they go to the tree house.

When Jay was on top of her and he brushes his lips against hers, but it was not impactful because he hesitated that time.

And hesitation would be a big part of his character.