Chapter Thirty Six

One Smile Please

Chapter Thirty Six:

Glaring at Jenny I blew a strand of hair out of my face. She was currently grabbing chunks of my hair and curling it.

"I still can't believe you're doing this," I huff. As you can tell. I was being slightly difficult. You know just a little bit.

"Shut up," Jenny snaps. "This is your first date since..." She went silent for a second, remembering my last date with Tyler. He had taken me to a picnic. And tried to make all the food himself. Let's just say he was a worse cook than me. A ghost of a smile settled over my face.

"I went on a date with Oscar too you know?" I point out.

"That was a disaster. You're food was alive, I mean even Tyler had the curtsey to have bought you dead food that day." We both cracked up at the memory.

The door opened and Simon walked in with food. My eyes widen and I reach for it but then Jenny slaps my hand away. "If you eat now, you'll eat nothing on your date."

"But its doughnuts!" I screech. Then I make my best puppy dog face. "Please Jenny..." Jenny wasn't cracking but Simon was, which was why when Jenny turned around to find some pins, Simon snuck me some of the doughnut, winking at me, as I scoffed it down. Jenny turned back around and raised her eyebrow.

"Ugh, why don't you guys ever listen to me. Simon? Look what you've done now! I'll have to redo her lips all over again!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... She just looked in need..." Simon looked at me and paused. "Of being saved by your grumpy ass!" With that Simon was out of the room. Jennie gasped.

And then muttered something to herself. "Grumpy ass, oh I'll show you..." She put the curler and pins down and told me to stay put, before she also ran out of the room.

I looked up at the time. An hour left before he comes. Today would be it. It'd be the last time we would ever see one another. What he wanted between us, it'd never work. Never, right?

To me it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else. The stupid nagging voice in my brain said.

No I wasn't trying to just convince myself. I knew it wouldn't work.

Why are you so against the idea of being with Cameron? Everything he did was for you.

I knew that, but would that ever change the fact that I will always feel like his weakness? Because of me he had to go through all that drama with the media and his friends. He had to endure so much pain, and he couldn't even share it with me as a friend, what would happen if we were something more?

After a few minutes Jenny walked back in, with a satisfactory smile on her face. And then she was at my hair again. I felt like some barbie doll, that Jennie was dressing and prepping.

The minutes rolled by faster then I'd liked, and before I knew it, the doorbell rang. Jenny leapt off her feet, excited as hell. Simon just rolled his eyes, which meant he still didn't approve of this idea, but he hasn't said anything because of Jennie I'm guessing.

"Hi Cameron," Jenny spoke from downstairs. "Yeah, I'll bring her down, don't worry, I would never let her run off."

Just then I grabbed my leather jacket from my cupboard and slung it on. I did a quick twirl for Simon and he gave me a thumbs up with a smile. He'd been really quiet lately.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why you asking?" He replied but I didn't buy it. I raised my eyes slightly. He sighed. "I don't know, I just can't shake off the feeling that somethings not going to go right tonight."