It’s dirty and old. You can tell by the stacks of cobwebs upon cobwebs.

Getting to my feet I wince as my sore muscles try to revive themselves.

I must have been out for a long time because my limbs were asleep and not waking up.

I gave a startled cry as I fell to the ground, sitting up I took my leg and started shaking and wiggling my foot. It took about five minutes for it to wake up. 

Taking a deep breath I tried to stand again.

This time I didn’t fall over.

Looking around I tried to find an exit, but I couldn’t find anything. It was far too dark to see.

Suddenly the room was illuminated in a silver glow. I spotted two windows but they were too high for me to reach. There was a door on the far right and another ahead of me.

I tried to walk over to the one in front of me, my steps gaining urgency and I was almost running before a sharp pull made me fall flat on my back.

Yanking my hands did nothing. That was as far as the chain went, and I was barely two feet from the door in front of me. 

Taking a calming breath I got up and tried for the door to my right. But the room was too large and again the chain stopped me just short of it.

Huffing I sat down in the middle of the room to think. 

You wouldn’t even be able to go anywhere with these chains!

I stared at the cuffs on my wrists with disdain.

But I can always see if I can get to the windows and try to get the cuffs off after I know an exit. Then if anyone comes in they won’t recuff me.

Nodding my head I picked myself up and walked over to a window.

There was no way I could get to it without leverage. 

Looking around I spotted a crate a little ways away.

Starting my way there I was stopped just short of it.

Hissing, I brought my feet forward and did a little dance with balance.

My foot hooked the crate and I nudged it forward with all my strength. It glided across the concrete with a shriek and I winced, closing my eyes to pray that no one heard it.

After a few moments of deafening silence, I breathed again and started the process once more.

After a few more foot nudges I could finally get behind the crate and push it to the window.

Getting on top of the crate I was finally able to reach the window.

Suck that Alice!

Getting down I grabbed my chain and started pulling it.

Once it was taut I followed it to its source.

Just as I was there the room blinked into darkness.

I froze in my spot, holding my breath.

Guess the moon was covered.

Shaking my head I forced myself to breathe and continue.

Reaching the end I felt around to see what it was.

A block of something was screwed into the wall and the chain was connected to it.

I’d need something to rip it out of the wall. Cursing I desperately pulled on it, but it didn’t budge.

Just when I was about to give up I heard the clicking of high heels.