trepidation

On a Monday morning, jung hoseok woke up to a loud scream heard from downstairs. slowly wiping his half opened eyes with zero idea of what's going on in his surroundings, he slowly got up "who's there?!" he said as he began to unlock the bedroom's door. but yet no response was heard. he once again shouted "who's there???" his legs started taking him to the living room downstairs as his ears caught a faint sound of muffled sobbing. his eyes wondered around as he found his mother sitting in-front of the TV on the floor, both hands covering her mouth, looking heart broken while staring at the glassy screen. hoseok ran up towards his mother as he glanced at the screen. stopping midways while reading what it displayed.

[BREAKING NEWS- A BODY OF A 20 YEAR OLD MAN HAS BEEN FOUND TODAY AT ***** AT 8:30AM IN THE MORNING, AN UNKOWN CALLER HAS CALLED 911 SAYING THAT HE WENT ON A BIKE RIDE UNTIL HE PASSED BY A BODY]

Hoseok couldn't utter a word, not because of what the caller said but of what he has seen, his eyes piercing through the screen, focusing on the body, only to find out that it's no one other than his best friend, jin...

Slowly yet faintly, hoseok began breaking down, his mother knew jin better than anyone and treated him as her own son, only to suddenly find out that he has been suspiciously murdered. non of this made sense. hoseok tried  calming down but it wasn't working. the only thing that went through his head was, "ITS ALL MY FAULT. ITS ALL MY FAULT" as he was crying a river next to his mother.

FLASHBACK- yesterday
it was 1am as hoseok was already drifting off to sleep, 5mins in and his phone started buzzing, hoseok felt a weird sensation of a vibration through his pillow as he lazily turned to the other side, yet again after some seconds, another buzz was heard, he got annoyed and decided to see who the caller ID was. he looked over at his phone, vision still blurry from staying in the dark, slowly yet gently opening and closing his eyes multiple times to see, as it turns out to be no one other than kim seokjin. hoseok huffed since he knew jin would only call him just to talk nonsense and close the line, so he decided to pick sleep over answering the call. 10mins has passed and suddenly another sound was heard from hoseok's phone, as it started buzzing. he finally decided to answer as all he heard was faint breathing sobbing. he concentrated on what was happening as all he heard was ""h...oseok......hoseo....k" jung hoseok just scoffed, knowing it's one of this pranks that he does every night, "jin...i wanna sleep so i'll just hang up" he said as he hung up with no hesitation.

END OF FLASHBACKS