Another Citadel Fic MFs!

Start from the beginning

"Well. Seems like we're getting rescued by... Jedi?" Judy hesitated. Kix helped him up from his spot on the floor, and Jesse rushed to help Doug. 

As they climbed the steps out of the cell, they could see that the boy was freeing all the clones from their cells, and the men in question were exiting their cells, dazed. Nobody thought that they would live to survive the Citadel. It was created for rogue Jedi after all, and as none of them were as powerful as Jedi, they all thought that they would eventually perish in the prison."

They could hear lightsabers clashing, and surprisingly enough, blaster fire. It sounded like two sides shooting at each other, not just the stormtroopers firing at the supposed Jedi.

A young woman in creative and bright Mandalorian armor rounded one of the corners, shooting with her blaster pistols at something beyond, and upon seeing that the boy had freed everyone there, she motioned for them to follow her. "This way!"

Not wanting to be here the Inquisitors came back, they dutifully followed the woman. 

Echo and Fives could almost imagine themselves coming to the Citadel to rescue General Even Piell. That mission had gone wrong in so many ways; Echo's supposed death, General Piell's actual death, and the fact that they had saved one of the biggest pain the shebs, Captain Tarkin. They sometimes wished Ahsoka had let him be killed by the commander of the citadel back then. The thought of Ahsoka bought back the usual sadness. 

As the clones ran through the hallways, some being carried by their brothers, they couldn't help the hope that flooded their hearts. They didn't know who they were, or why they were there, but maybe they were good people looking to save them. They couldn't let them think about the two Jedi in the corridor earlier for too long, otherwise their minds wouldn't shut down. 

"Who are you?" Cody panted. After being stuck in a cell and not being allowed to exercise, he and the others were quite out of shape, although they would be able to persevere.

"I'm part of the rebellion, and that's all you need to know for now." The woman said. Her voice sounded young, even through the filter of the helmet, and by her stature and her build, Cody couldn't help but think about how old she must be. She was a child forced to grow up faster than she should have because of their failure in protecting the Republic. But he couldn't dwell on these thoughts for long. "We're going to be picked up in a few minutes, and if we aren't blasted out of the sky, then we'll be safe for a while." 

Jesse rushed to the front, by Cody and the rebel woman, looking to Cody with desperation in his eyes. If we're pushed into another war, then I don't know what we would do, his eyes seemed to say.

"Why are you here?" Cody was hesitant in asking, but knew he needed to know the answer.

"Because Fulcrum ordered us to." The finality in her voice made it clear the woman didn't want to answer any more questions, so Cody and Jesse kept their mouths shut. Well, figuratively, because their mouths were open to help get more air into their lungs faster. 

Who was Fulcrum, and what did they want with them? News was scarce in the prison, so they hadn't even known there was a rebellion. Would there be more Jedi in it? How many had survived Order 66? The ones all the clones had acted on.

They finally reached a door, and the Mandalorian opened it with ease, fiddling with the control pad for a couple moments. Cody and Jesse stood on either side of the door as it opened, counting their brothers to make sure none of them were left behind, while the Mandalorian woman lead them through the doors, into the hot outside air. 

As Jesse and Cody followed the last of their brothers, they could see three figures with lightsaber battling against the dark and red blades of the Inquisitors. Two of the figures were the same human boy and man they had seen earlier, but now they had a Togruta with two white lightsabers battling with them as well. But they couldn't focus on the newcomer, as a large ship had landed just a few meters away. The Mandalorian woman led them towards it, while the boy broke off from the fight to follow the clones from the behind, protecting them from the stormtroopers that Cody hadn't noticed were coming after them.