CH 8: Dark Masterpiece

Start from the beginning

"Let's go, we can't waste too much time or else we have to get home early," she grabbed my hand.

I giggled and ran to the Louvre with her, she seemed really cheerful. We are going to see Marinette there.

"Bye, Luka!" she shouted before we were too far away with the houseboat.

Luka just smiled and waved his hand at us.

"Have you eaten?" she asked.

"Not yet, actually. I came here right after I finished school," I said.

"Aww, we should stop at Dupain's bakery first for some snacks, macaroons specifically. What do you think?" she suggested.

"Sure, of course!" I accidentally winked at her.

I quickly lower my gaze, but I could see some light pink blush on her face. I decided to ignore it and be silent.

We walked to Marinette's parents' bakery to buy some macaroons.

"Good evening, Mr Dupain," I greeted right after I pushed the door.

"Oh, good evening, Nathaniel. You wanna meet Marinette? She's out with Alya," he said.

"Oh, never mind. We're actually going to meet her at the Louvre, but now we wanna buy some macaroons," I said.

"Sure, take this box and choose anything you want," Sabine passed me a medium box.

"Thanks, Mrs Dupain," I smiled and let (y/n) chose whatever she wanted.

"Are you sure?" she asked. I just nodded.

She smiled widely and picked every single macaroon flavour in the bakery.

We shared our money to pay for it, but Tom gave us for free. We thanked them and left.

"I guess there is a benefit of having a friend whose parents own a bakery," I giggled with her.

We walked to the Place des Vosges to eat our snack before we went to the Louvre. I held my books, the same goes for her. (y/n) brought some of her acrylic paint and brushes too. She wanted to learn new techniques in painting.

"Cool, I can learn it with you too. We have an art project to do about paintings. I paired with Marinette, that's why I invited her too," I said. She just nodded and smiled sweetly. Aww, that smile!

"What was your plan for the upcoming movie with Thomas Astruc?" I asked her on our way to Place des Vosges.

"That should be a secret or else I'll leak any spoilers," she said.

"But, because you are special, I'll share just a little bit,"

She... thinks that I'm special? My heart was flattering!

"We planned for the awakening of Super Caricaturist. How she found her power, how she became an artist, and who she really is as a civilian. The villain will be-"

"Ouch! Watch where were you going!" (y/n) bumped into someone, causing her supplies to fall. The person scolded her.

"I'm really sorry, it's my fault for not looking at the surroundings," (y/n) apologised.

"Yes, it's all your fault! You ruined my hair! Do you know who I am?"

C-Chloe? Not her trying to ruin our day!

"Uh, no," (y/n) said hesitantly, making Chloe gasp.

"How dare you! How could you not know me?" she demanded.

"Uhh... there are more than 7 billion people in this world. How am I supposed to know everyone?" dang, she's savage.

"RUDE!"