[Meeting]

"SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

How could I have let this happen?! The call was at 5:30 and I knew that!

You sprinted to your room, almost running into your night-stand when hopping onto your bed. You quickly open a small laptop you had gotten for Freshman year. It was always a personal computer, it wasn't provided by the school, but instead by your loving foster parents after you had showed your improving responsibility.

Improving as in you learned it's okay to have emotions, and these amotions need to be expressed in a healthy way instead of...

You quickly open the computer and click for a new tab. You type in the website for Zoom and enter the code that had been given to you by Mr. Strode. It had been almost a month since you had met in-person and you were almost overwhelmed with excitement! A new home!

As you enter the code, it starts to request a host to join.

It rings.

No answer.

You try again, this time with a little less hope than last time.

It rings.

An answer!

"Ah, hello Y/N! Wonderful to finally see you. What had kept you from calling?"

You got a little uncomfortable. You didn't want to seem unprofessional, but you also didn't want to lie to him. I mean, he could do anything to your new house and you probably wouldn't notice with the already poor condition it was in.

"I'm truly sorry! I was coming home with a friend in their car and we got a little caught up in the good times. Once again, sincerest apologies."

You slightly bow your head down, apologizing for something that was, slightly, but not entirely untrue.

"Well, it's good to hear that you're getting your excitement up! Because I was wondering if you were ready to make a final decision! I know you've only seen the house fully once, but I would love an answer as soon as possible."

He gives you a small, slightly anxious smile. You huff and close your eyes for a second. Time feels like it truly stops.

What could the cons be?

Costs for renovation, possible murderer.

Pros?

You can live on your own, get independence a good chunk away from your foster, and biological parents.

30 minutes from foster parents and...

1 hour 37 minutes and 24 seconds away with minimum traffic and minimal red lights.

You shake your desperate thoughts away and open your eyes.

"I think I've actually made a final decision." You say with a sigh and a confident smile.

"Well that's amazing to hear, whether it's good or bad! So, what'll it be?" He stares at you intensly, smiling wide and with eyes that seemed to look deep into your thoughts, seeing all of your doubts and worries.

...

"I'll take it." You exhale very loudly out of relief of getting those words off your chest.

"Yes, yes perfect!!" Mr. Strode almost screams. He seemed so excited. He had cut off his video but seemed to be silently celebrating behind that grayed out camera upon your screen.

His audio cut off as well. You slightly laugh as he comes back to his seat, sitting down like he had just ran around the house for 30 minutes at a full sprint.