[To the Mall]

⚠️ Slight Swearing! ⚠️

Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

Today's over! It's all complete and done for! The Summer's here and you have all the time in the world sitting in your hands. You look over to your friend, backpack slung around her left shoulder and making her way towards you. They're raising their right hand in the air to get your attention. You snicker at them, and wave hello back. They run to your side. She has black Doc Martin's on her feet, broken in since the Freshman year, when you met her. Her socks, (Though not showing), have cute and kid like designs on them. Their black skintight jeans are covered in slightly controversial (yet true), sayings. An example: "Eat the rich, feed the poor." Her shirt, now worn and beaten down since Junior year, was black and had a MCR album that you weren't sure of printed on it. She wore many chains and chokers throughout the year, but today they weren't, just a friendship necklace you gave them earlier this year. You wore the other half of it.

You look up at her, smiling. Some of her eyeliner was smudged but their lipstick was perfect. She's worn dreads since 8th grade, up until senior year where they combed it for endless hours. Her hair was full of healthy coils with a shiny, smooth texture when you FaceTimed her during the process. Though, all of their hair hides in the now very even cornrows.

"Y/N, what're you staring at me for?"

"Oh! Nothing, just admiring your hair. How long have you been practicing again?"

"About 6 years, but I'm still working on the back as you know. I may be a professional, but even professionals make mistakes."

"Right, right. Now Tanisha, what do you wanna do today?"

You smile at them, asking only because you two had made plans to go splurge yourselves for all of your hard work the past 4 years.

"I dunno Y/N, what're you up for?"

"Hmm, the mall?"

"Sure, but reminder: remember the last time we went? You threw up in that nasty toilet cause you couldn't handle the amount of sugar in your boba."

They look at you, folding her arms as she taps her nails on her bicep, waiting for your excuse.

"I know, I know. But we don't have to get boba, just have fun looking through stuff."

"Okay, fine. But you're driving cause you know I'm not wasting money on my parents car."

"Alright, I'll drive and pay for gas. But you don't get to play your spotify playlist in the car."

You reach out your hand to make an agreement with her. They hesitate and ponder for a second or two until sighing and shaking your hand.

"Alright, now get driving! I'm excited for this mall trip!"

"Me too! Let's go!"

You and Tanisha get into the car and you take in an unintended inhale. You smell the McDonald's over powering smell in the back of the car, trash piled and thrown carelessly into the back. Not even you bothered to pick it up. You look at your passenger, and give them a, 'I need your car keys to drive, moron.' look. They reach into their pocket and drop the keys into your open hand. You look at her, thank her, then push in the keys right next to the steering wheel and turn them. The engine slightly roared as it jumps on. You sat there for a second until pulling out your phone, turning on Bluetooth and hooking it up to the car stereo. You go to spotify and put on your "liked songs" playlist. It has jams that both you and Tanisha can both sing to and enjoy.

"Well, what's taking you so long to drive, let's go!"

You smile and carefully back up, making sure not to hit anyone else. You successfully backed up and started driving away from the school, laughing slightly in disbelief that you finally made it. You did it. High school is over and you have all the time you want placed in your palm.