Chapter TWENTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

"Thank you" I smile at his consideration.

"Anytime" he nods then occupies the chair next to me. He watches me down the contents of the cup in one gulp. I release a satisfied sigh feeling much better. I look over to James shyly.

"Ugh I was just a raging bitch wasn't I?" I groan closing my eyes in embarrassment.

"Yep you were" I hear him reply. My eyes snap open and I glare at his smirking face.

"Jerk" I scoff and give him an playful push.

"What ever happened to telling the pregnant woman pretty lies like 'You're not fat or
Of course you're not acting psychotic sweetie"

"No lies between us Amber not my words, actions, or my emotions." There's no hiding the intensity of his words. His eyes lock on to mind and the atmosphere changes and become more charged. In my perusal of the face my eyes flutter to a angry cut on his his cheek that I noticed earlier but dismissed in place of my anger. It's the only injury I can see on his disheveled body.

"What happen here?" I subconsciously reach up to inspect the wound.

"What do you mean?" he asks voice gruff with unabashed
emotions. I do my best to ignore it.

"There's a cut on your face"

"Oh yeah that's nothing just a scratch during a scuffle with another raging woman" he shrugs nonchalantly.

My fingers tenderly prod at the cut covered in dried blood. I can tell that it's mostly healed. It's not bleeding and has sealed shut leaving a light pink colored line. I'd give it another hour and it will be completely gone.

A small moan catches my attention. James has closed his eyes and parted his mouth.

"You really shouldn't touch me Amber" his deep voice caresses over me.

"Why not?" I ask challenging. My fingers drift across his face no long inspecting injuries just loving the feel of his soft skin and sensual tingles. I become consumed in the sensations. My finger trails down to touch his plump lips and his eyes spring open. They've taken on a wistful look as he gazes at me. The raw lust is enough to make me feel drunk off of it and cause the room spin.

His tonuge darts out ever so slightly to lick at my finger and I shudder . He then traps the finger between his lips gently sucking on it. The visual and feeling is so very erotic.

A breathy moan escapes my mouth and my nether regions begin to sing. His eyes are calling out to me for more. I can read them very clearly. They're saying that as long as he lives he will never want anything as much as he wants to take me right here right now.

A throat clears insistently breaking our moment and causing us to jump away guiltily. We both look to the noise and notice a very angry looking Dallas standing in the doorway to the waiting room.

"Dallas uh hey" I stammer feeling my face heat up and turning 50 shades of red at having been caught red handed about to jump my mates bones by my....What is Dallas to me? a Boyfriend maybe. I don't really know. I put that away in my mind to ponder later.

"We were just discussing the importance of notifying the people in charge when there's a problem in Red Dawn right James?" I turn back to James and the look on his face can only be described as murderous as he glares at Dallas. His eyes are clouded with a dangerous gleam and I can practically feel the intent rolling off of him.

Okay I need to diffuse this.

I get up from my chair using my hands to support my back to lift my now huge belly. I hurry over to Dallas and grab on to his right arm hoping maybe if I'm near Dallas that it will dissuade any attack from James or his wolf.