⑫ No turning back

Start from the beginning

   "Alrighty then."

   "Pete."

   "Yes? I'm sorry it's kinda nice hearing you call me like that, just Pete." He smiles.

   "Do you even realized what you are getting yourself into?"

   He looks at me with those innocent brown eyes. "I'm... not sure."

   "Death. Peter. I am setting off to kill some people, bad and powerful people. I know I asked you to be my partner in crime, but I thought it was just going to be Loki. This could get you in jail, death sentence, or even shoot on sight. No turning back.

   I try to warn him one more time. In case he still has some common sense left.

   "You go, I go."

   Whew... I'm glad he still wants to come with me. Or else I might have to throw him in the snake room too to prevent any witness.

   Or maybe I'm just lying to myself. I could really use company right now. But not just anyone, it's gotta be him.

   We get into the car, Peter offers to drive but I say it's okay. Once I lock my cabin close we hit the road.

   "You mind if I call someone?"

   "Who is it?"

   "May." I look at him with twisted brown. "She's my aunt."

   "Oh. And what'll you tell her?"

  "Not about going to New York for sure, just about how college is close for a bit because of the school shooting, and that I'll be hanging out with Ned, my friend."

   "You better not be pulling any tricks, Pete," I say.

   "Maybe I'll pull a kiss that would shut your trust issues up." He teases.

   I look back at him with a glance of annoyance, but after seeing him smile like that I get flushed. Fuck.

   "Your face is all red!" He laughs, pointing at me.

   "Shut up..." I whine.

   I let Peter Parker make his phone call. The closer we get to New York the more traffic they are. After Peter's done and my face turns back to its normal color, he continues the conversation.

   "So, where exactly are we going?"

   "Welcome to New York," I say in a pretentious happy tone.

   "...And where exactly is it?"

   "Loki's too dangerous. I need other sources, I know a sane one like yourself who might know where my father might be."

   "Who is it?"

   "You'll find out soon enough. Now just enjoy the view." I say, smile softly at him. Peter smiles back with a look just as soft. His smile this time is different... But also was mine. It was sincere.

   By the time we arrive, the city that never sleeps wakes up. Tall buildings make me feel so small. I park the car inside of the hotel's parking.