One

Characters: Alfred, Tolys, Lovino, and Arthur

Ships: Maybeee

Summary: Alfred has a surprise for Arthur.

Trigger warning: Slight homophobia

2019, New York City

Arthur tightened his coat around him, cursing at the New York winter. Not that he had much to complain about though, since this was nothing compared to everyday weather in England.

"Bloody wanker, inviting me over in the middle of winter!", the Englishman muttered darkly. "When I get my hands on him he'll wish..." He stopped mid-sentence when he saw an old woman looking at him suspiciously. Blushing, he started walking faster.

He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the invitation. It was beautifully made with gold and blue trimmings and the envelope itself being a bright red. Checking the directions one more time, he realized he was finally on the right street. Finally arriving at the house, he banged on the door.

A man opened the door, his eyes wide in surprise. Arthur could tell he was working in the kitchen, since he was wearing an apron and his brown hair was pulled in a tight ponytail. "Ah! Mr. England, welcome. Mr. Alfred told me he was expecting you," the man said, his voice carrying a light accent.

"Ah, Lithuania, it's so...nice to see you here....", Arthur said awkwardly. He didn't know Alfred had servants, let alone was housing other countries!

Lithuania stepped aside so Arthur could pass, taking his coat from him. "Mr. Alfred will be with you shortly sir. You can wait in the living room." Tolys said softly, before returning to the kitchen. Arthur stared after him. 'How am I supposed to find the bloody living room by myself?! America needs to train his servants better!' he thought.

Muttering to himself, he finally found the living room and slouched down on the couch in a very "gentleman-like" manner and started to look at his social media. "Oi! What the hell are you doing here, Eyebrows?"

Arthur looked up to see an angry Italian glaring down at him, arms crossed in a defensive manner. The Brit bristled. How dare Romano talk to him like that! And why was he here? Another one of Alfred's servants? That makes the attitude worse! (Though he had to admit that's just the Italian's personality, but still!)

"I beg your pardon?" Arthur said.

"Then beg," Lovino shot back, glowering. "That's my spot."

"What?"

"Are you deaf, ya bastard? That's my spot your sitting on."

Arthur opened his mouth say something very ungentleman-like, but at the moment Alfred burst through the door.

"Iggy! You made it, dude!", the American said, blue eyes sparkling with excitement. "Are you ready to paaarty?"

"Party?" Arthur asked, looking at Romano hoping for an explanation.

Lovino rolled his eyes. "Did you forget to tell him, burger bastard?"

Arthur looked to Alfred waiting for him to discipline the Italian, but instead he looked sheepish. "Sorry, Lovi. I guess I forget to put the reason in the invitation."

"Idiota!"

"Hey, how dare you speak to your employer that way! Show some bloody respect you twat! My servants would have gotten a whipping for less than this!"

Alfred stepped in between them a frown lacing his face. "Woah there Iggy, Tollie and Lovi aren't my servants, that just help me out a bit. And don't you think it's cruel to treat people that way?"

Arthur scoffed. "Every person has a status and is to be treated as such."

Alfred started to say something, but Tolys came in with a tray of cookies.
"Mr. Alfred, I made your favorite snack." he said, handing the American a chocolate chip cookie. Alfred inhaled it in one bite, with Lovino and Arthur looking at him in slight disgust. Tolys just giggled.

"What?" Alfred asked the two men, licking chocolate from his lips. Arthur just shook his head in disappointment.
"Your face looks stupid when you do that, burger bastard!" Lovino said harshly.

Arthur stiffened, but Alfred just looked like a kicked puppy. Tolys started shooing Lovino into the kitchen. "Come on, let's go make some tea for our guests. Oh, and Mr. Alfred, dinner will be ready in five."

Alfred nodded in respond and turned to face Arthur. "So Old Man, thanks for coming! Also, this isn't exactly a party, more like a "Rehearsal Dinner"", Alfred said, making air quotes.

Arthur almost choked on his tea that magically appeared out of nowhere because the author is lazy.

"Rehearsal Dinner?! You're getting married?!" Arthur put his hand to his chest trying to calm his beating heart, the American nodded happily.
Alfred, married?! Dear God, how did this happen?!

The Englishman cleared his throat trying to gain back some composure. "So, who's the lucky woman? Or should I say unsuspecting victim?"

Alfred rolled his eyes. "Haha, you're sooo funny. And it's not a woman. Plus, you've already met them."

Arthur frowned. Alfred was gay. "Oh, that's nice Alfred. Though I would have rather you marry a women..." (Go suck France's baguette, England)

The younger's eyes narrowed. "I don't care about your opinion, Arthur. I love them and that's all that matters. I invited you over because you were the first one I wanted to tell. If you don't like it then get out."

The Brit shifted uncomfortably, then sighed. He was secretly pleased that Alfred contacted him first, and well, he could get used to it in time. He did care for Alfred and wanted him to be happy.

"Okay, let's go celebrate," Arthur said, with a small smile. Alfred started jumping up and down in glee, before tackling his older brother in a hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best big brother ever, dude!"

England blushed, and he was glad Alfred wasn't able to see the huge grin on his face over his shoulder. He gently pushed Alfred away. "Alright you twat, that's enough. I'm starving."

*Extra*
"So Alfred, who's your fiancé?"

"The Burger bastard is mine."

"And mine."

"They're both mine!"

"You're marrying both of them?!"