The Girl behind the Camera

Prologue

"What?"

I looked up at my fathers' blank expression and cleared my throat.

"I said I'm bisexual. Which mea-"

"I know what it means," My father said calmly, as he shot up from the milky white leather couch my mother was currently seated on. "What I'm trying to figure out is how."

Meanwhile, my mother burst into tears. "I-I- I should have let you dated! I should have let you have guy friends! This is all my fault." She sobbed.

My vision blurred as tears started to fall. "It's not your fault mom. It's me. This doesn't cha-"

"The hell it doesn't!" My father growled, he reached over and gripped my arms. "I want you out of my house!"

"Mathew!" My mother gasped while she stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Surely we can come to a compromise."

My father simply shrugged her hand off and ignored her. "Think about what everyone would say Molly;I want all of your belongings out of my house! You have an hour." And with that, he turned and walked up the stairs.

A faint sound of a door slamming was heard as my mother and I stood in silence.

"Honey, your father isn't thinking straight, he doesn't mea-"

"Yes he does!" I exclaimed bitterly. I side- stepped her and headed for the stairs.

All my father cared about was his image.

"Tammy!" My mother cried, gripping onto my wrist.

I gently took her hand off of my wrist and gave her a weak, wobbly smile. "I'll be out in thirty minutes tops." Before she had a chance to respond, I ran the rest of the way upstairs and slammed my room shut.

I looked around my large room and frowned. "I guess this is goodbye."

With that, I walked into my walk-in closet and began packing.